A good weekend of shooting

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by 40Arpent, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    A friend of mine has a shooting range set up on his ranch in South Texas. He and I spent the weekend down there doing some post-hunting season clean-up, feeder filling, and several hours of shooting. I had a few unfired new ones to run in: a Ruger 77/22 all-weather stainless in 22wmr with a Leupold 2-7x33, a Springfield XDm 9, a Sig 239 in .40s&w, a Kimber Tactical II, and a Ruger GP100. I also had a new little scope setup on one of my old Ruger 10/22s...an inexpensive Nikon 'something or other' 4x scope in a Dednutz scope mount.

No jamming or FTFs on anything, they all shot much better than I can, my DIY boresighting jobs on the scope mountings were all within reason, and there are quite a few less turtles in one of the tanks. It was a banner weekend! :happy0001:

Oh, and after shooting my buddy's CZ75, I now understand why so many people like that pistol. I may just have to have one for myself. ;)

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did ya keep any of those Turtles for soup? I know you'll eat just about anything....:lolz:

3. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Not enough meat on those little red-eared's to bother with. ;)