Lifetime Member
May 9, 2013
Not as far West as I once was

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
I think you meant to ask @V-Tach .

There's been a kind of a flag for multiple purchases on a 4473 since the GCA of 1968.

Ok, that says the FFL is required by law to submit a second form to ATF if two or more handguns are sold to the same person within five consecutive days, but doesn’t appear to limit the quantity or number of transactions.

I’m curious if this is a normal practice or there’s renewed emphasis on submitting the form.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2009
Pearland, TX
The ones that I bought aren't drilled. If the end cap has a hole in it,then that would be illegal. I can't say that I've ever seen any Solvent traps for sale that the end cap has a hole in it.
I've been playing with Class 3 weapons and items for a long time,and have always been 100% legal in what I do. There are plenty of guy's that like/want to cut corner's and play in grey areas of the laws,and they are the ones that break the law and get busted.
Guy's that get busted for Constructive Intent with stuff like this are the ones that don't prepare for the process of being legal. Before I purchased my Solvent traps,I set up an account on the BATFE E-File site,ordered my fingerprint cards,and set up an appointment at the sheriff dept.to get my prints done. It's kind of hard for anyone to say that I was planning on building an illegal suppressor,when I have all the steps covered to do it legally.
There's a reason I put "look closer" in that post. It looks like you didn't look closer at either of the posts you replied to.

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
Since this is as ATF thread, @vmax have you heard anything about more than one firearm per 4473 and more than one 4473 per day being used by ATF as a flag of some sort?
nope and I really have not kept up on that

Top Bottom