• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had purchased 2 80% Glock happy switches online that were legal when purchased. A year and a half later they decided they weren't and used the customer database from the manufacturer and came knocking......

One was actually in a Glock 17 when I pulled it out to surrender them. They were completely professional about the whole thing and told me they had 17 more in South Texas they were trying to collect......

Luckily for me I have an 07/02 and was conducting legal R&D..............

That’s why we need to resist a cashless society.

With digital currency, the .gov has the next best (worst) thing to a database/registry:
    They know who is buying what and when they’re buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guns International

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Look closer. Most of them have one solid threaded endcap, and one threaded endcap with a hole drilled out. It's probably illegal to knowingly receive one of those since you'd be in constructive possession of an unlicensed/untaxed "silencer" until you engrave it.

Nothing illegal at all. I bought 3 of them from SolventCatch.com,and just did 3 E-File Form 1 applications today. Just waiting on the BATFE to email me my cover letter's to send in my fingerprint cards to them,and send my notice to the Sheriff.

Homeland Security is just closing the door on foreign importation of what they call Illegal items,it's kind of like trying to ship a rifle scope out of the country to someone. It's illegal,and they will come knocking on your door.
    Buying Solvent traps made in the USA is 100% legal.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Nothing illegal at all. I bought 3 of them from SolventCatch.com,and just did 3 E-File Form 1 applications today. Just waiting on the BATFE to email me my cover letter's to send in my fingerprint cards to them,and send my notice to the Sheriff.

Homeland Security is just closing the door on foreign importation of what they call Illegal items,it's kind of like trying to ship a rifle scope out of the country to someone. It's illegal,and they will come knocking on your door.
    Buying Solvent traps made in the USA is 100% legal.
    So you're saying that it's legal to get one of those solvent traps that comes with an end cap that is already drilled out so all you have to do is screw it on and shoot?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    So you're saying that it's legal to get one of those solvent traps that comes with an end cap that is already drilled out so all you have to do is screw it on and shoot?

The ones that I bought aren't drilled. If the end cap has a hole in it,then that would be illegal. I can't say that I've ever seen any Solvent traps for sale that the end cap has a hole in it.
    I've been playing with Class 3 weapons and items for a long time,and have always been 100% legal in what I do. There are plenty of guy's that like/want to cut corner's and play in grey areas of the laws,and they are the ones that break the law and get busted.
    Guy's that get busted for Constructive Intent with stuff like this are the ones that don't prepare for the process of being legal. Before I purchased my Solvent traps,I set up an account on the BATFE E-File site,ordered my fingerprint cards,and set up an appointment at the sheriff dept.to get my prints done. It's kind of hard for anyone to say that I was planning on building an illegal suppressor,when I have all the steps covered to do it legally.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    the entire NFA is a complete farce that we the people allowed to happen. It needs to be repealed.

DoubleDuty,

Fwiw, I personally know several BATFE special agents from my law enforcement days & generally they believe that the NFA is SILLY , accomplishes nothing good & should never have been passed into law.
    (One agent said that the sole reason that there is still an NFA is that repealing the law would be seen by the ANTI-GUN LEFTISTS as "caving in to the gun culture".)
    I suspect that the agent is 100% correct.

yours, satx

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Since this is as ATF thread, @vmax have you heard anything about more than one firearm per 4473 and more than one 4473 per day being used by ATF as a flag of some sort?
    I think you meant to ask @V-Tach .

There's been a kind of a flag for multiple purchases on a 4473 since the GCA of 1968.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think you meant to ask @V-Tach .

There's been a kind of a flag for multiple purchases on a 4473 since the GCA of 1968.

Ok, that says the FFL is required by law to submit a second form to ATF if two or more handguns are sold to the same person within five consecutive days, but doesn’t appear to limit the quantity or number of transactions.

I’m curious if this is a normal practice or there’s renewed emphasis on submitting the form.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The ones that I bought aren't drilled. If the end cap has a hole in it,then that would be illegal. I can't say that I've ever seen any Solvent traps for sale that the end cap has a hole in it.
    I've been playing with Class 3 weapons and items for a long time,and have always been 100% legal in what I do. There are plenty of guy's that like/want to cut corner's and play in grey areas of the laws,and they are the ones that break the law and get busted.
    Guy's that get busted for Constructive Intent with stuff like this are the ones that don't prepare for the process of being legal. Before I purchased my Solvent traps,I set up an account on the BATFE E-File site,ordered my fingerprint cards,and set up an appointment at the sheriff dept.to get my prints done. It's kind of hard for anyone to say that I was planning on building an illegal suppressor,when I have all the steps covered to do it legally.
    There's a reason I put "look closer" in that post. It looks like you didn't look closer at either of the posts you replied to.

Top Bottom