• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I was walking the mongrel Skye last night and heard some banging noises like someone kicking or pounding on a door or maybe the dumpster. So, I turned around to take a look and saw a guy run away from the apartments. A very short time later, heard much the same thing and turned to go over that way to see what was going on and again saw a person, looked like the same one, run away from the apartments. This time though he hopped in a dark colored car a little ways up the block and they drove off. I did not see any damage anywhere and just kept walking Skye.

We cut between our complex and one next to it and just my luck, there was the car (looked black in that light) parked in its lot, the car that I had just seen drive away. One guy got out, saw me, said something to me like what are you looking at. Another guy got out of the driver's side, looked me over and then one or both said something I did not understand and they got in the car and drove away. Skye and I walked though the parking lot to grassy area, and as best I recall across the street to just outside the local park. Soon, we went back the way we had come. Well, here comes that car again, driving by and into the lot of our apartment complex, they stopped in front of me (they may not have seen me at that point) and I stopped waiting to see what would happen. Then they just slowly drove away.

We walked through the parking lot and headed across the street again, this time into the park and walked around for ten minutes or so. As we were walking in the driveway of our complex, back to our apartment, I heard what sounded like a gun shot, it was followed by two or three more (I am pretty certain it was another three). I called 911.

Gave it a few seconds and peeked around the corner of the buildings. Saw a small crowd and a guy standing atop an orange car. This was that car.

car%2B1.jpg

car%2B2.jpg

car%2B3.jpg

Guy who was atop the car seemingly owned it. Saying something to the effect he had not been in his car when it was shot up and some other seeming blather.

The police came by soon and interviewed some people and me too. Told them what I had seen and described the other car as best I could. They asked me to look at some pics later, showed me pics or video that came from someone's home surveillance system that overlooked our parking lot. A black car looking something like the one I had seen was in it but I could not say for sure it was the same car - the pics were supposedly from the time at or right after the shooting.

I may need to look for a new apartment or maybe a house rental out in the country really soon.

All the best,
    Glenn B
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• car%2B1.jpg
      car%2B1.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 209
    • car%2B2.jpg
      car%2B2.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 214
    • car%2B3.jpg
      car%2B3.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 207

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    My house backs up to a green belt. My wife walks around it several times a week, about 1/2 mile round trip. Over the years there has been 3 coyotes, 1 bob cat and 2 cougars spotted. She said she wasn't afraid of them because she carried a big stick and knew what to do if she saw any of them.
    About 2 years ago, an older man was walking around the tree line and 3 males stopped him, starting talking to him, then beat him up and robed him. I've seen several people walking the tree live a lot after this and told wife not to walk it again unless I was with her. So now when we walk I have my persuader strapped to my hip.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Back when I was an apartment dweller I would pick them by the amount of late model cars leaking oil in the parking lot when most people were at work. Kind of hard to do now!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My house backs up to a green belt. My wife walks around it several times a week, about 1/2 mile round trip. Over the years there has been 3 coyotes, 1 bob cat and 2 cougars spotted. She said she wasn't afraid of them because she carried a big stick and knew what to do if she saw any of them.
    About 2 years ago, an older man was walking around the tree line and 3 males stopped him, starting talking to him, then beat him up and robed him. I've seen several people walking the tree live a lot after this and told wife not to walk it again unless I was with her. So now when we walk I have my persuader strapped to my hip.
    A stick against coyotes or a cougar. Even Rick Perry knew better. Your persuader sounds better.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Brag post.
    Bragging his wife is so hot SHE has to beat cougars off with a stick. Congratulations sir!:)

Top Bottom