Guns International

A man was training to get a gun permit. The instructor accidentally shot him, police say

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's an IQ test...or, at least, it can be. An IQ test is just a abstract knowledge test (which can be general knowledge) where your results are plotted against what people your age, on average, know.

I'm guessing lots of people have taken IQ tests without realizing they were taking IQ tests.

IQ tests are based on a time limit also.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Not paying attention had his hand in the amputation zone and finger slipped onto the trigger

I’ve scene that exact scenario played out twice with trained personnel in my lifetime. MP5K and a Beretta 93, the FA version of an M9 with the folding metal lever for a handle.

Could be the reason why I’m a little paranoid (as fk) around AR pistols, SBR’s or anything else short barreled and FA. No one sets out to shoot themselves, but shit happens.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I’ve scene that exact scenario played out twice with trained personnel in my lifetime. MP5K and a Beretta 93, the FA version of an M9 with the folding metal lever for a handle.

Could be the reason why I’m a little paranoid (as fk) around AR pistols, SBR’s or anything else short barreled and FA. No one in their right mind sets out to shoot themselves, but shit happens.
    FIFY!

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas

Could be the reason why I’m a little paranoid (as fk) around AR pistols, SBR’s or anything else short barreled and FA. No one sets out to shoot themselves, but shit happens.
    That is a good point. Buddy who is non LE just posted a pic where his finger was burnt because it was basically against the flash hider on a AR pistol. It looked painful. I tend to shoot my carbines with support hand braced against mag well even though the cool kids say to wrap it around the fore end. I would tell folks on the range if they were getting hits, hold it any way you would like.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    On MP5A2’s and SD’s we trained with the hand/wrist around the side of the grip and thumb firmly on the barrel, not under. Much better control and with your elbow sitting where it should be (not out like a fkn chicken), it’s comfortable and just feels right. Like I was born with it.

Hard habit to break, I shoot a shotgun that way with my index finger forward like pointing at the target.

Top Bottom