• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

Over the last few years, I've had good luck posting "WTB" ads on this site for things of divers sorts that I was seeking for my collections/various "projects".

I'm now in the process of beginning to restore a 1961 RED FISH OFFSHORE Model 1702 utility runabout on a vintage SHORELINE trailer, which I found sitting out in the back of a lot "for peanuts" & "looking unloved".
    (The OFFSHORE Model 1704 is complete except for the 2 "back to back" lounge seats.)

To power the BIG fishing boat, I'm seeking a MATCHED pair of 40HP outboard motors of the 1960s by OMC.
    OMC produced suitable motors using the brand-names of: EVINRUDE, GALE, JOHNSON, SEA KING & several other less well-known "brand names" for various retailers from 1955-70.

The pair of outboards need NOT run (as I will restore them,) but they MUST be COMPLETE.

IF you have (or know of) such a pair of "Big Twin OMC" outboards, please respond to me by email, with price, info off the motor data plates & photos to: texasnative46@gmail.com

Note: The OFFSHORE 17 series of RED FISH boats were built in Clarksville TX & were designed especially for "near shore" fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. RED FISH built only 54 of the OFFSHORE hulls in 8 years. - Mine is hull #54.
    The boat is 17 feet long, >80" abeam & 38" deep amidships.
    (For a 17 foot hull, this is a BIG runabout.)

THANKS, satx
    Military Camp

Top Bottom