A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I have several friends that I’ve loaned ammo to this year. I wouldn’t sell it to them because I would feel bad charging the current market value. So far, all but one person has returned my ammo plus A few hundred extras. The one exception held onto my ammo as spares until he was able to find some and then gave my original 200 rounds back to me.

I used to loan ‘friends’ ammo during shortages...always said “when it gets cheap and plentiful, just replace it.” No one ever did.

Now, I sell it to folks I like at the going rate. I am only provided to close friends at very limited amounts. I’m not looking to make a profit (even though I almost always do...), I’m just protecting myself from abuse.

Only exception I make is to help parents bring their kids shooting. I’ll generally do everything I can to help make that happen. Usually means I’ll be a few hundred .22’s lighter, but I am a softy for kids and shooting sports.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

Merldizzle

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I used to loan ‘friends’ ammo during shortages...always said “when it gets cheap and plentiful, just replace it.” No one ever did.

Now, I sell it to folks I like at the going rate. I am only provided to close friends at very limited amounts. I’m not looking to make a profit (even though I almost always do...), I’m just protecting myself from abuse.

Only exception I make is to help parents bring their kids shooting. I’ll generally do everything I can to help make that happen. Usually means I’ll be a few hundred .22’s lighter, but I am a softy for kids and shooting sports.

Bummer, while that's nice of you, nice guys get screwed over it seems. Thanks for getting kids involved early on.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    That and the idiots who are buying and then reselling it at gun shows and gun auction sites.

I think it's combination of several factors that sort of hit all at once. Last year saw record numbers of first time gun buyers and of course they were also buying ammo. Then factor in Covid 19 which probably slowed down production of ammo as well. Then lots of people buying up ammo, probably didn't help either.
    Talk about any excuse that works. I was reading about the demise of Remington and the good AR producers they had glommed onto via the Freedom whatever and one of the factors in the bankruptcy they cited was decline of gun sales during Trump's presidency. Guess the virus trumped Trump or it's just some more PR. Be that as it may, Remington's absence from the ammo providers didn't do anything to increase ammo supply either.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Talk about any excuse that works. I was reading about the demise of Remington and the good AR producers they had glommed onto via the Freedom whatever and one of the factors in the bankruptcy they cited was decline of gun sales during Trump's presidency. Guess the virus trumped Trump or it's just some more PR. Be that as it may, Remington's absence from the ammo providers didn't do anything to increase ammo supply either.

Actually, the only thing absent from Remington's ammo is going to be the name "Remington" on the ammo boxes since they were acquired by another company.

Remington was already on the ropes financially before the bankruptcy took them down. The massive lawsuit against them by the parents of some of the children slain the Sandy Hook School Massacre didn't help either.

One of the biggest problems, was Remington trying to focus of profits before quality. The last ten years or so, they were putting out crappy firearms.

Top Bottom