• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Why, instead of going through all of the paperwork that is not required and can ONLY serve to get you sodomized in prison if a criminal case arises from it, don’t you just transfer the damned gun through an FFL?

You consistently drone on about “muh protections” but truly the best way to do this would be to have it transferred through an FFL.

Browsing the classifieds I saw an ad asking for two pieces of ID AND a BOS.

If you are that scared of freedom just sell through the FFL.

That’s all.
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    BlindNaiveDuiker-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• BlindNaiveDuiker-size_restricted.gif
      BlindNaiveDuiker-size_restricted.gif
      1,014.2 KB · Views: 566

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hoji,

Um, what?

I don't understand your rant.

Please, a bit more articulation - Are you frustrated by someone you tried to buy a gun from who gave you a hard time or angry with the government or what?

Thanks!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    While I agree with what you’re saying, he did have the common decency to list his ridiculous requirements in his post, instead of surprising someone at the exchange.
    Very true. I'd be a little more than pissed off of that were sprung on me at the handoff.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    My guess is he is mad at the people who feel they need to complicate the face to face transaction of selling a firearm with pointless scraps of paper that are meaningless in a court of law, unless its being used against the seller to prove he is a gun dealer,

Hoji,

Um, what?

I don't understand your rant.

Please, a bit more articulation - Are you frustrated by someone you tried to buy a gun from who gave you a hard time or angry with the government or what?

Thanks!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    My guess is he is mad at the people who feel they need to complicate the face to face transaction of selling a firearm with pointless scraps of paper that are meaningless in a court of law, unless its being used against the seller to prove he is a gun dealer,
    And that, if your goal is to fully protect yourself, then do the transfer thru a FFL.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’ll add my two useless cents.

Oregon had done away with third party being ok. What’s truly pathetic is getting used to it. Now I’m in Texas and it reminds me of old days. How things were and should be. At first I thought I needed to think like folks hoji mentioned but as predictable as I am, if it’s not illegal I don’t care. I have a mental list of active members I will trade and sell to and not ask for shit. I would expect the same.

If you look like a gang banger or crackhead I’m not doing business with you. Otherwise I could give two shits. It’s legal.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Or avoid all that aggravation and buy new from a reputable gun store.

Yes, yes, I know 'used guns' are (insert Tony The Tiger) GREAT!

Balls.

Buying a used gun is always a crap shoot......yes, others disagree, fine by me.

I buy new or not at all.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or avoid all that aggravation and buy new from a reputable gun store.

Yes, yes, I know 'used guns' are (insert Tony The Tiger) GREAT!

Balls.

Buying a used gun is always a crap shoot......yes, others disagree, fine by me.

I buy new or not at all.
    It is only a crap shoot if you don’t know what to look for ( damage /wear wise) and where to look for it.

You can also facilitate the purchase at a local gun range where after inspecting the gun you can test fire it before purchasing. I have done this on a couple of occasions ( both as seller and buyer)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hoji,

That's a great idea, along the lines of me (at one time) test driving a used boat before buying.

Then, as time progressed including my bank account, I no longer bought 'anything' used and lucky me, still don't.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji,

That's a great idea, along the lines of me (at one time) test driving a used boat before buying.

Then, as time progressed including my bank account, I no longer bought 'anything' used and lucky me, still don't.
    I have gotten more lemons from new purchases than I have from used. Actually, I have never had a used gun be a lemon.

POF AR15- returned to factory

Springfield EMP- returned to factory

S&W Sigma( yeah, I know but it was when they first came out and I wanted to support an American company) - returned to factory 3 times

All high end firearms. ( the S&W was billed as a high end firearm at the time, and priced like one.)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hoji,

I hear ya!

But, only one time did I get a new lemon - an LC9S - piece of undependable crap.

Sent it back to the factory, but after getting it back, it was still undependable...I won't sell it, but I might take a hack saw to it.

Nuttins guaranteed, new, used, but chances are higher you'll be better off with new.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom