• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Private owner to private buyer: title transfer only. But I do believe the signatures need to be notarized, no? My own title is in my SD box so I am unable to look at it right now.

Notarized title transfer hasn’t been required in Texas for a long time.

I’ll use the TX VTR-346, an optional form prescribed by the state for the specific purpose of updating the state’s vehicle registry mand buyers have to get temp plates as any vehicle titled to me in TX has DV plates which stay with me.

https://www.txdmv.gov/reports-and-d...346-texas-motor-vehicle-transfer-notification

Yes, I put these requirements in the ad when selling.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Notarized title transfer hasn’t been required in Texas for a long time.

I’ll use the TX VTR-346, an optional form prescribed by the state for the specific purpose of updating the state’s vehicle registry mand buyers have to get temp plates as any vehicle titled to me in TX has DV plates which stay with me.

https://www.txdmv.gov/reports-and-d...346-texas-motor-vehicle-transfer-notification

Yes, I put these requirements in the ad when selling.

Beat me to it. There is a form that has to be signed by both parties I think, but the seller for sure.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    But none of that is relevant here . . . unless this has become TexasMotorVehicleTitleTalk.

I agree, BOS's for something that needs to be titled and taxed through a city or state entity shouldn't be compared to the sale of a firearm.
    7m1wf.gif

Attachments

• 7m1wf.gif
      7m1wf.gif
      1 MB · Views: 336

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    With all due respect, you should probably put that you require a buyer to allow you to photograph their ID/DL/LTC ( with what I am guessing is your personal smart phone, not the most secure venue for photo storing, but hey, whatever) in the description of whatever you are selling.
    Well another member asked and I answered. Nor would I just spring it on them after they came out. Supposedly a buyer is coming out tomorrow to buy one of my cycles. He is coming to my personal abode and yeah we will trade ID information. The horror. Again, you are making assumptions on how I handle a legal sale. How do you know I store photos on my phone? I will say it again, with a bit of searching most people can find out a lot about you. The idea of privacy is kinda out the window. How do you know someone at a retail store is not gonna steal your information regardless of what you are buying? In fact, I would say you have a better chance of someone stealing private information that way than thru a private sale where both parties exchange ID.
    Now to go back your original incident, yeah if I made a trip to buy a gun and the buyer asked for my ID and I never planned on showing it to him, yeah I would share your frustration. If you are frustrated because of an ad here on TGT where it didn't initially state that but you found out about it after speaking with him well then, I think you are being over dramatic about the whole thing.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Private owner to private buyer: title transfer only. But I do believe the signatures need to be notarized, no? My own title is in my SD box so I am unable to look at it right now.
    Notary is no longer required for title transfer. Selling titled property with or without a BOS is a different thing than selling personal property.
    Kind of like getting a BOS for selling a hunting knife or baseball bat.
    They get used in crimes too.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    In fact, I would say you have a better chance of someone stealing private information that way than thru a private sale where both parties exchange ID.
    The chevron in Bedford at brown trail (lol I know) has had so many cc information thefts. But yes...private information can be abused anywhere. It’s very common for stores to store customers cc information in unsecured ways.

Top Bottom