• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The uninformed voters of Washington state passed initiative I-639.

This basically classifies ALL semi-auto rifles as "assault rifles". It requires "safe storage" of said assault rifles, raises the age to purchase to 21, and requires enhanced background checks for said rifles. 10 day waiting period on purchase of assault rifles, requires a firearms training course*, sets up a de facto registry, requires yearly checks to insure people are still able to own assault rifles, $25 fee to purchase.

This is the minimum the bill does. The measure passed by over a 20 point margin.

There's going to be a LOT of very surprised people who voted for this when they find out their Ruger 10/22 is now an assault rifle.

You also sign away your HIPPA rights when you seek to purchase an "assault rifle" under this measure.

*I can see the firearms training course as a very slippery slope to be abused. Cost could be $500 and having to travel across the state to take the course. There's not one damn thing to prevent that from happening.

As to the uninformed voters comment. The average high school graduate is now reading at a 5th grade level. The summary of this measure has a reading level of grade 15.
    Lynx Defense

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Bad, bad news. I am curious to see where the legal challenges go and if the SCOTUS will sack up and grant cert when the issue finally hits their docket.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I would tend to think it has less to do with the lack of ability of Washingtonians to understand legislation (or having it explained to them) than to blame it on the influx of ex-Californians into Washington state that has been taking place over several years.

With a 20 percent approval passing this law, I would suggest Washingtonians knew exactly what they were doing and the majority simply won. This is the same {legitimate} concern that a lot of Texans have about Californians moving here. They tend to bring their far Left-leaning ideology with them.

Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Oh yes they did. The margin of the win shows it.
    I don't know specific demographics of WA off the top of my head, but I'd venture a guess that rural vs urban population has a very large disparity with votes on this bill. King County (Seattle) has about 1/3 of the population of the state, and I'd guess that firearm ownership rate in Seattle is around 10% or less.

The rate would be much higher in rural areas, but if it's anything like Colorado, if you don't live in a big city, you're outvoted on everything.

This is how they intend to turn Texas blue... by brainwashing urbanites.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Washington went 52% Clinton and 37% Trump in 2016. The rest to independents and a fake libertarian.

Yeah, they know what they voted for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Washington went 52% Clinton and 37% Trump in 2016. The rest to independents and a fake libertarian.

Yeah, they know what they voted for.

Yep
    Deal with it

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Some of us decided to forego the black scary looking semi auto army guns and decided to cling to our old lever action cowboy guns. Would seem they would have to do away with deer season to get a handle on those guns. lol. They can shoot pretty danged fast when a person stumbles over a big herd of hogs..or the injuns is circling the wagons etc.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Some of us decided to forego the black scary looking semi auto army guns and decided to cling to our old lever action cowboy guns. Would seem they would have to do away with deer season to get a handle on those guns. lol. They can shoot pretty danged fast when a person stumbles over a big herd of hogs..or the injuns is circling the wagons etc.

Don't worry, those will follow.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I don't know specific demographics of WA off the top of my head, but I'd venture a guess that rural vs urban population has a very large disparity with votes on this bill. King County (Seattle) has about 1/3 of the population of the state, and I'd guess that firearm ownership rate in Seattle is around 10% or less.

The rate would be much higher in rural areas, but if it's anything like Colorado, if you don't live in a big city, you're outvoted on everything.

This is how they intend to turn Texas blue... by brainwashing urbanites.

Need a balance for this. Otherwise you campaign in a few big cities and screw everyone else. “We will give you free stuff. Vote this way”.
    You look at places that have been Dem controlled for decades and they are total S-Holes. It’s scary.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Need a balance for this. Otherwise you campaign in a few big cities and screw everyone else. “We will give you free stuff. Vote this way”.
    You look at places that have been Dem controlled for decades and they are total S-Holes. It’s scary.

They don’t shit in holes. They do it right on the sidewalk next to the pile of used needles.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    They don’t shit in holes. They do it right on the sidewalk next to the pile of used needles.

I had to fly up to SF about once a month for work. It is a hell hole and worse then some of the third world countries I have been to. It’s not a joke they shoot up and pass out on the side walk, shit where ever they want, and are given free passes. Also their old mayor is the new governor of that cancerous state.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I would tend to think it has less to do with the lack of ability of Washingtonians to understand legislation (or having it explained to them) than to blame it on the influx of ex-Californians into Washington state that has been taking place over several years.

With a 20 percent approval passing this law, I would suggest Washingtonians knew exactly what they were doing and the majority simply won. This is the same {legitimate} concern that a lot of Texans have about Californians moving here. They tend to bring their far Left-leaning ideology with them.
    Exactly this. Although I'm certain there are many Washingtonians that adopted the Californian view, the influx of Californians in the past few decades has changed the Washington I once knew. Eastern Washington is much more conservative, but 2/3's of the population lives in Western Washington.

Top Bottom