• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They mention an 11 mile zone, but from how their website describes it, the entire setup seems to be a few tents in a park.

Now, Jordan’s Place is equipped with electricity, a refrigerator stocked with ready made meals for its residents, cooking appliances like a microwave, stove, and oven, a vegetable garden to feed residents, and flower gardens to make residents feel at home. Each “house” at Jordan’s Place is a glamping bell tent made from cotton canvas with natural waterproofing and mold and UV resistance. The tents feature four zipped windows and air vents at their crown. The structures are furnished with slender, queen sized beds with ample blankets, a small bedside table, a comfortable corner chair, and small decorative touches. Jordan’s Place is home to a Black family of four, two Black organizers, and four lifelong Black Austinites.

I'm glad to see they have A refrigerator though. :laughing:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They mention that refrigerator here too. They are pretty proud of that, I reckon.

Group living in city park refuses to leave, claiming autonomy from Austin as part of protest

About a dozen members have set up and named their own community now centered around the pavilion in Rosewood Park. They’ve been camping there since Feb. 14, four days after Walton was killed.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Simple solution. Cut off water, sewer, and electricity to "their" land. If that doesn't work build an electrified fence around it with no gates. The answers are so simple a redneck can figure them out.
    Make it a solid fence, pretty high, more like a wall then fill it with water.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was concerned until I read this....

"Orisha Land may be a revolutionary Black proto-state, but it has not forgotten about its white brothers and sisters. “400 + 1” runs a site called the Ally Ship for white people who want to redeem themselves and acknowledge their inherent racism. Under the heading “Looking for Ways to Redistribute Your Wealth” the Ally Ship site allows you to sign up to make monthly donations toward reparations and also to contribute to the Orisha Land bail fund."

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    A place without capitalism.....
    But please donate money.
    Yeah, right.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    From the article...............
    Funding will come from.................

Orisha Land may be a revolutionary Black proto-state, but it has not forgotten about its white brothers and sisters. “400 + 1” runs a site called the Ally Ship for white people who want to redeem themselves and acknowledge their inherent racism. Under the heading “Looking for Ways to Redistribute Your Wealth” the Ally Ship site allows you to sign up to make monthly donations toward reparations and also to contribute to the Orisha Land bail fund.

David Koresh had his own place and the gov't still wanted it shut down.

These people want to take property without compensation?

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I was concerned until I read this....

"Orisha Land may be a revolutionary Black proto-state, but it has not forgotten about its white brothers and sisters. “400 + 1” runs a site called the Ally Ship for white people who want to redeem themselves and acknowledge their inherent racism. Under the heading “Looking for Ways to Redistribute Your Wealth” the Ally Ship site allows you to sign up to make monthly donations toward reparations and also to contribute to the Orisha Land bail fund."
    As the CEO of Systemic Racism INC. and White Privilege INC. I am directly opposed to this. I will be directing my vast corporate resources and government connections with high ranking nahtzees to put a stop to this.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom