• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Today I was in Kilgore, calling on a few customers. I noticed a new gun shop and decided to check it out.

They had a comfy-looking pistol grip in stock, I thought I might pick it up for my AR. I was talking to the owner and I mentioned that I was not happy with my swivel mount, he said that he could drill and tap a new swivel mount into the gas block. While chatting with him and a few other guys, I heard him mention that he could take some creep out of an AR's trigger. I told him that I had my DPMS with me, and asked him if he would feel the trigger. He felt the trigger and said that he could do it. I would need to leave it with him for about an hour.

I returned 2.5 hours later, he was just finishing my rifle. He started working on it before I left.

WOW! He removed ALL the creep and really smoothed out my trigger. It feels 100% better, I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow night. He also did a very professional job installing the new swivel mount. All that (new grip, drill and tap new swivel mount location, new swivel, and trigger job) for $100!!

I highly recommed this guy, based on today's experience. His name is Frank, nice guy. The shop is his, it's Pro-Tek Guns in Kilgore.
    Venture Surplus ad

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    New gun shop? When was the last time you were in Kilgore?

Pro-Tek has been around for a while, but since it has been a little bit since I was there, maybe it's in a new location.

Glad to hear it went well.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I come out here about once a quarter. I never noticed it, just this time. I thought that Frank said he has been there for less than a year. Maybe he's a new owner or they moved. It's in downtown Kilgore. I could have mis-heard what he said. Nice people, his parents were hanging out at the shop. Apparently, they are both teachers. I think his dad is retired, but his mom was grading some school work.

Top Bottom