• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I just picked up my third Para Ordnance, a LTC in 9MM. Here are some pics and the 15yard targets, shot freehand, using cheap Winchester White Box 147gr. JHP's. Not a single problem with function. This is my first that is not stainless though and I am wondering how the finish will hold up especially on the alloy frame.
    LTC9Right.jpg

LTC9Left.jpg

I really like this rear sight much better than on my other two guns.
    LTC9Rear.jpg

Trying to see if it shoots to point of aim...it does!!!
    15yard_1.jpg

One full mag, at 15yards, as quickly as I could get back on target, which was very easy since there was hardly any recoil whatsoever. The accuracy is more than what I expected with this gun.
    15yard_2.jpg
    Texas SOT

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Nice looking little gun and the targets are nice too. How does it compare to the Wilson Professional? My other 1911's have become safe queens since getting a Professional this past spring.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    toddguninsurance001.gif

So far 200 rounds thru my LTC and the finish is wearing at the muzzle ,and my barrel is scratched deep on the outer barrel chamber.Its a great gun but they need to improve the paint.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Nice looking little gun and the targets are nice too. How does it compare to the Wilson Professional? My other 1911's have become safe queens since getting a Professional this past spring.

LHB1,

There is no comparison, and I would have liked to have another Professional, but in 9mm this time. I just could not justify the cost. Mabey someday when both sons have graduated from college, and we have more money coming in than going out.....

The feel between the two guns is totally different. Accuracy is definately on par though.

tex

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    LHB1, There is no comparison, and I would have liked to have another Professional, but in 9mm this time. I just could not justify the cost. Mabey someday when both sons have graduated from college, and we have more money coming in than going out.....
    tex

Tex,
    I understand sons or daughters in college all too well. Been there, done that. Things definitely got better after our son finished college and began fully supporting himself. Still, the PA can be a useful companion for the Professional. We just got back from a two week trip to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone Nat'l Parks. I carried my Wilson Professional but would have preferred having a less expensive pistol just in case it got stolen when being stored in the car while we were inside the parks. Enjoy your pistols.

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    I have a co-worker that carries a Para Ordnance on duty on the beach on a regular basis. He loves it and has carried one for at least 6 years that I know of. He has had no problems with the finish holding up whatsoever.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Uht oh...I think I found my next carry gun. I love my gov't S&W but that is SUH-WEET!

EDIT: maybe not after seeing the MSRP :shock&awe:

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    One thing I dislike about this gun is that there is no gripping surface on the front grip surface of the frame. The mainspring housing is checkered but nothing up front. Since this is a lightweight, and the frame is alloy, it does not lend to many choices I can change personally. I don't like grip/stair tread/skateboard tape and though I really like anything put out by Wilson Combat, the stamped part designed to wrap around the front with a stamped checkering is not my first choice. then I remembered a set of grips that I had on another 4" 1911. They have a stippled surface with a piece the wraps aroung the grip face. They are very comfortable and give a very secure purchase of the gun. They are also relieved to allow insertion of a company medallion. I have seen them on Colts & Thompson 1911's. I removed the medallions from the factory PARA grips and secured them in these new grips......here they are.....what'cha think folks??
    LTC9NEWGRIP.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom