• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The far left or Progressive politics as Hillary branded herself is in my opinion about enslaving people at the bottom of the class ladder, two groups the rich and poor with the elite in control.

I pulled the following from an article on the Progressive movement note the Author says this movement hates individualism and the constitution.

The Meaning of "Progressive" Politics

by Barry Loberfeld

To the American mind, the most formal connotation of the term progressive is the Progressive Movement, a period of reform that ranged from the late 1800s to the end of World War I. Unlike its predecessor, the Populist Party, Progressivism was not a movement of farmers or manual laborers. Its guiding lights were college-educated men who were consequently steeped in the post-Enlightenment collectivism that had taken hold of the universities both here and in Europe. Among its apostles were “economists who adopted the ‘organic’ collectivism of the German historical school, sociologists and historians who interpreted Darwin according to the social ideas of Hegel (the ‘reform’ Darwinists), clergymen who interpreted Jesus according to the moral ideas of Kant (the Social Gospelers), single-taxers who followed Henry George, Utopians who followed Edward Bellamy ... ‘humanitarians’ who followed Comte ... pragmatists who followed William James and the early John Dewey.” (Peikoff)
    h_croly.gif
    The man who is now virtually synonymous with Progressivism, Herbert Croly (The Promise of American Life), was himself both the son of a noted proponent of Comtian positivism and the student of Harvard's Josiah Royce, a disciple of Hegel. All of these thinkers contributed to what would become the ethical foundation of the Progressive Movement: a contempt and loathing of "individualism" -- and its political expression in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution:

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    After reading the artical I could not help but have another group come to mind who are in many ways just like the so called liberals. That group is those who follow the so called religion of islam. The part about being very tolerant of everyone so long as they do not disagree with the veiws of the group and ready to do whatever it takes to silence anyone who disagrees is what not only being liberal but also muslim.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    The part about being very tolerant of everyone so long as they do not disagree with the veiws of the group and ready to do whatever it takes to silence anyone who disagrees

Sounds like the Nazi Party of the 1930's & 40's.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    DG, you have their number, and so do all you other posters. I get so disgusted with those leftist, liberal, misinformed, power mad cretins !
    And it goes on and on and no way to stop it until the 2010 elections hopefully.

Even the liberal polls show Osambo's popularity fading to lower percentages. O'Reilley and Hannity have his number, though......

Top Bottom