• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zaraster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    Very Nice. We need to save these pieces of history.
    I have my great, great grand fathers bouble barrol shotgun not in to good of shape but a work of art

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I sir am very jealous of you. that is a fine piece of Texas history, one any real texan would be proud to have. display it with pride. some one carried that in the fight for our freedom from Mexico. wish you could know more of its history( and would share it with us ):p

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    I sir am very jealous of you. that is a fine piece of Texas history, one any real texan would be proud to have. display it with pride. some one carried that in the fight for our freedom from Mexico. wish you could know more of its history( and would share it with us ):p

The guy I bought the rifle from has forgotten the name of the Museum in which he bought it from. He said he'll email/call me if he remembers it. If and when they day comes, I plan on making a few calls to see if I can track down how it came into their hands and go from there.

Anyhow, here iks a little more info on it:

Both of the Republic of Texas rifles the dealer had was mentioned in a book titled: Gunsmoke and Saddle Leather by Charles G. Worman. I don't have my copy yet but the dealer had one. These guns was mention on a page some what near the front of the book. They actually took a picture of the other gun and used it in the book. There is no way of missing that rifle, it's in a lot better shape and has a plate containing number is nailed to the butt of the gun.

I don't have the book but he printed me a copy of the page. They only took a picture on one of the guns.

The bottom gun is one of three muskets cut down in similer fashion and collected in Texas, the other two being fitted with carbine slings. They could be former Republic of Texas army guns, perhaps "carbinized" for mounted use.

Top Bottom