A perfect gun

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by kingofwylietx, Jan 29, 2009.

1. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I wonder, has anybody ever bought a perfect gun? Before you answer, consider the following: It came just as you wanted it, new from the box. Nothing has needed to be changed, not the grips, sights, or anything. Nothing needed tweaking or polishing....it was, and is, perfect. You have to know it's perfect by using it regularly....no safe queens.

I don't have one. I've had to do something to each gun I own, even something as simple as changing to tritium sights. Nothing from the factory has been offered just as I would want it.

How about you? Did you ever buy a perfect gun?

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    My STI Eagle was pretty damn close.

3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Sorry, Alan, I have a 'pretty darn close' one too......but it doesn't count. I kinda figured you may be one of the guys that did have a perfect one.

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My Kimber CDP. No changes made, nor will I.

All 4 Berettas I have purchased, a 92, a 96 and two 84s.

My HK USP compact.

My S&W model 10.

5. Enron Exec

Enron Exec Member

G19

:headscratch:

6. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    My HK USPc 9mm...although I did change the night sights on it (after about 12 years they were starting to fade ;)). Other than that it's completely stock and it's still my favorite handgun.

7. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I was once issued an M-16 that was lucky #13 for its stock# and shot dead on at factory zero (flush and center).. first rifle I qualified expert with.

8. photofreeman

photofreeman Member

Jan 12, 2009
    txinvestigator, Are you telling me you have a S&W Model 10 and you did not change those tiny crappy grips? You are a better man then me.

My perfect gun. My S&W 4506. Bought in '88 nothing has changed but the years, no malfunctions that weren't the ammo's or my fault. Changed the grips once but didn't like them and put the originals back on.

9. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    STI Spartan and Para LTC and SSP have all run 100% out of the box.

10. 2Many

2Many New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Perfect Gun

I actually have 2. First is a GP100 purchased almost 15 years ago. Accurate and the da trigger is incredibly smooth especially for a Ruger. I will never need another .357.

Second is a Sig P229 .40. From the moment i picked it up it felt right. Accurate, smooth and never a hiccup.

Just don't ask about the imperfect ones!