• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Okay, so we see posts on bug out bags and vehicles. If you have any of those, where are you gonna go? You have the stuff, but you may find yourself in a precarious position if you think you can just pull onto somebody else's property and start camping.

I guess you could go to a national or state forest area if you don't have your own property.

I was just thinking of all the talk about supplies, yet I have not seen anything on planning beyond that. You don't have to give gps coordinates, but where are you going to go?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm going to somewhere suitable! LOL! I have thought about it a few times and I would go to some public land or have group of friends and have specific house to meet at etc...

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That is an excellent question, and one that most probably have not pondered.

When I think of the need for a BOB, I'm presuming things are pretty bad... vis-a-vis New Orleans Katrina or similar situation where the total structure of LE and government are in total chaos. Maybe an attack by a foreign enemy 9-11 style in which it's up to you to take care of yourself and your family. So then, you'd just need to play it by ear as far as where to go.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    A good friend of the family has a little over 400 acres of land away from town. Plenty of food (rabbits, deer, turkey, hogs, snake, pheasant, quail, pond stocked with fish, veggie garden), good water well and anything we'd need for a long time. There's about 25 of us that would meet up at his house if it came down to it....that's as far as we've planned.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Myself, I'm getting hold of all of local TGT members and at that point a decision will be made.
    I want to surround myself with people I can trust and also have similar skill sets.
    Strength is in numbers and varied calibers.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Okay, so we see posts on bug out bags and vehicles. If you have any of those, where are you gonna go? You have the stuff, but you may find yourself in a precarious position if you think you can just pull onto somebody else's property and start camping.

I guess you could go to a national or state forest area if you don't have your own property.

I was just thinking of all the talk about supplies, yet I have not seen anything on planning beyond that. You don't have to give gps coordinates, but where are you going to go?

Amy did say we were always welcome

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i have two places in west texas both 80 acres plus i also have a place up in colorado way way up in the mountains with a fresh water supply and elk that run through the front yard in case things get really really bad, also i have all the makings for a still at all locations for fuel and booze.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Since we live in a nothern suburb of Dallas I'm not sure where exactly we would go if our home were to become uninhabitable. A lot to consider such as, are our cars running and are the roads open to travel? My biggest fear is of a dirty bomb set off in the southern areas of Dallas/Ft Worth in the summer months with a strong southern wind blowing. In that case, and with some kind of advanced warning, we would probably head east away from the wind and heavyist traffic. It's good to have some kind of plan but at this time and without more information as to what kind of emergency it is, I don't have a definate bug out plan.
    We have plans of where to go in case of a tornado. That would be to grab our pets and huddle in a central, walk in closet, and pray it's low on the Fujita scale. A F4 or above would scour our house to it's foundation thereby erasing said closet, all geezers and cats in it.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I"m thinking the local wild life would be scarce in the event of a natural disaster or man made disaster (i.e. terrorist attack, Foreign attack, etc...) and I would like to have some MRE's on the ready.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I think that, in an event that caused you to leave your home, there would be lots of people on the freeways doing the same thing (remember Katrina & people going a mile in an hour on the hwy?). Thus, you almost have to automatically consider freeways to be at a standstill. Gas was gone quickly, so if you are going to get some place.....you would probably need to carry extra fuel and take backroads.

For Katrina, my mom made it from Houston to our home north of Dallas in 5 hours. People that took I-45 went approx 2-4 miles in the same time. She didn't use GPS, she used an Atlas of Texas Roads that I had bought her a few years earlier.....it's an atlas of Texas, every tiny road is on it. However, the small roads are not named, so it's a good thing that she is good with a map.

This is just something I was wondering. I hear people talking about their bug-out equipment, but not much talk of anything beyond that.

Keep it coming.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I got four locations I can head out too. My wife's family owns about 300 acres east of the DFW area that is far enough from things to not have to worry about overflow in a SHTF situation. Another one to the west that is about 600 acres, and then 250 acres in New Mexico. All three have water, wood, animals, and can be farmed easiely. The fourth one is northwest of DFW and is a little closer to civilization, but far enough out that only the really motivated trouble makers would make it too it. A little smaller, but its got several cabins, water, and some beef on the hoof for starters. Belongs to a close personnel friend of the family.

As KoW points out though getting to them is the trick. All are off the beaten path so once you got free of the metroplex you would be good to go. The NM one is the best one, but its also the one that would be less of a sudden bug out and more of a little warning to get the heck of dodge type get away.

malladus

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom