• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Reading some people don't believe that there is true evil in this world?
    Maybe to much talk radio or just listening to the sheep out here. But with covid etc I don't see a lot of parents in this world prepping thier children about the real world. I understand why parents want to protect their children. But what happens when they get out there as adults and find out reality is something way different.
    My history is different from most But my parents prepped me I got to see first hand. But they taught me to get through. But I am truly scared for these children today
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    IMO, its a weird mixture of people not wanting their children to experience terrible things and parents wanting to "be friends" with their children.
    We all know experience is the best teacher.
    Sometimes pain and hurt really do make an impression.
    Many parents continue to shelter their children well into the childs middle age. See it all the time.
    Never having to be responsible for anything warps the hell out a kid.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    IMO, its a weird mixture of people not wanting their children to experience terrible things and parents wanting to "be friends" with their children.
    We all know experience is the best teacher.
    Sometimes pain and hurt really do make an impression.
    Many parents continue to shelter their children well into the childs middle age. See it all the time.
    Never having to be responsible for anything warps the hell out a kid.
    Yes sir imho that's child abuse

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Reading some people don't believe that there is true evil in this world?
    There’ll always be Pollyanna’s. Most people don’t get to experience true evil in their lives. Those that do, understand; everyone else may get it conceptually, but there is a deeper, much more visceral response when experienced.
    …parents wanting to "be friends" with their children...
    Our daughter, to this day, says the most traumatic thing she experienced growing up was finding out we weren’t her friends. To that end though, there are some things I wouldn’t want her to have to experience.

Son’s an army officer; after his first deployment to Iraq and he experienced real fear and evil, our relationship changed in that he was able to have conversations with me on that subject that no else could have with him. Not because we were friends, but we had shared experiences. It changed him, as it did me. Makes you a harder person with a bent towards biblical righteousness. Difficult to explain.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    There’ll always be Pollyanna’s. Most people don’t get to experience true evil in their lives. Those that do, understand; everyone else may get it conceptually, but there is a deeper, much more visceral response when experienced.

Our daughter, to this day, says the most traumatic thing she experienced growing up was finding out we weren’t her friends. To that end though, there are some things I wouldn’t want her to have to experience.

Son’s an army officer; after his first deployment to Iraq and he experienced real fear and evil, our relationship changed in that he was able to have conversations with me on that subject that no else could have with him. Not because we were friends, but we had shared experiences. It changed him, as it did me. Makes you a harder person with a bent towards biblical righteousness. Difficult to explain.
    No sir its not difficult to explain. My parents were not my friends until I was over 50 I get it.
    It took me that long to get to the point...
    But if that's all your daughter will experience as trauma outstanding job

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
    This right here is the correct answer.

People have been fooled and conditioned to not listening to what God has to say. The result is tolerance for evil. As long as people have distractions such as nice things, money, politicians and other false idols, people are fine having blinders on.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I tell my son at times, not in great detail yet, but enough to understand he only has himself and God to pick himself up and move forward. Children don’t understand why people are dangerous. They haven’t seen it yet. Life isn’t fair and I tell my son this. I also tell him it’s important to be strong. The best thing we did was get him involved with church. What’s wrong with the country is politicians have encouraged people to go away from God.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
    I’m also agreeing this is the answer.

And it’s almost not so much that we don’t believe in Satan or acknowledge his part in this world, it’s also that less and less folks believe in God, or think the Creator in the Bible actually is who He is.

The whole “evolution” nonsense has a huge part to play in this.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    When a person does not accept the Judea-Christian values upon which this country was founded, they have no moral or ethical foundation (or anchor, if you will). They merely drift with the times and society. And at least half this country is now adrift in this manner.

These values must be taught at home (and the church can help). But we now have multiple generations lacking these values. So they are not being taught at home. Little to none of it being taught in school (which once reinforced these values). Not attending church. So they have no source available to them for learning the values - morals, ethics, work ethic, etc.

This is the root of much of the world's problems.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    When a person does not accept the Judea-Christian values upon which this country was founded, they have no moral or ethical foundation (or anchor, if you will). They merely drift with the times and society. And at least half this country is now adrift in this manner.

These values must be taught at home (and the church can help). But we now have multiple generations lacking these values. So they are not being taught at home. Little to none of it being taught in school (which once reinforced these values). Not attending church. So they have no source available to them for learning the values - morals, ethics, work ethic, etc.

This is the root of much of the world's problems.
    Yes sir agree whole heartedly. But I'm asking you a deeper question.
    If God is with us who can be against us truly.
    But please name me one place in the Bible that says don't fight for what's right or be a damn fool.
    Or just take it all the way around. He never said don't defend yourself, nor others. He didn't say believe everything that is told to you.
    He stand on his word. But he never said anything about following the stupid

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    they don’t believe it exists because we have police and military that mostly do a good job sheltering them from some of the harsh realities of the world. Their exposure to evil has been reduced so much that they forget it’s there until they get a horrible reminder that it’s still very real.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …No one teaches that the world doesn't owe you anything.
    Ah, but they do. I’m reminded of the non-denominational feel-good-saved-by-grace-pass-the-plate congregations and a whole lot of people who’s greatest adversity was choosing which college to go to or whether mac ‘n powdered cheese was worth the effort.

…Be kind to people but have a plan to kill everyone (lol j/k)…
    No j/k there. Mattis got that right. I recommend reading the history behind the quote for grater context.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I live in East Texas near where multiple bodies were found in the woods, in shallow graves, around the mid 1970's - the Houston Mass Murders.
    (Dean Corll, aka The Candyman, & Elmer Wayne Henley)

If you don't believe true evil - the virtual incarnation of Satan - exists, read that story.

A recent issue of the local newspaper mentioned they have resumed the search for more bodies - almost 50 years later.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

Many modern parents, unsurprisingly leftist ones, teach their children that everybody is a winner, everybody will succeed if we give all a participation trophy. And that everyone is a good, kind-hearted person if treated "fairly" , "equitably". Even criminals and terrorists.

The very same idiots that will go to hot-zones in the Middle East, thinking they can change the terrorist mindset. The same ones who would rather let a psychopath rape them rather than shoot them in defense. The same ones who want no police, thinking that leftist street councilors can solve violent societal problems.

These people are mentally ill, there is no other way for me to look at it.

Top Bottom