A sense of security?

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Texican Scotty, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Texican Scotty

Texican Scotty Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    There I was, going into Specs Christmas Eve for some last minute Christmas cheer. I'm moving down the one-way lane in the right direction in my big'ol pickup truck when the big black Escalade comes in the wrong way and expects me to move. I really couldn't go anywhere and simply shrugged in a "What do want me to do?" kinda way. Well Mr. Badass, with his wife and children pulls up next to me and says "$#@& you, redneck cracker!" I had my wife and 9 year old daughter in the car and simply took a deep breath and parked.

He backed up I guess to confront me again, for what reason I do not know and I just moved deliberately into the store. I didn't want the situation to escalate and by the way I was carrying. I glanced over my shoulder as he peeled out of the parking lot squealing his tires and all I could mutter to myself was "Impressive".

I really didn't feel a sense of dread and had no intention of escalating the matter, afterall my family was there. I'm wondering if it was because I was carry that I felt a sense of preparedness. I couldnt believe the ridiculous behavior of this person, and on Christmas Eve to boot. Any thoughts?

2. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    You did the right thing by ignoring a rude and perhaps insane idiot. He will continue to look for trouble until he finds it. When that happens I hope his next victim is prepared and there are no security cameras around.

3. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Yes Sir. I'm proud of you and Will Rogers would be too.

4. Freedom1911

Freedom1911 Active Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Good job.
    Better safe, specially with the family in tow.

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Shit happens and in time it happens to shitty people!
    Nice job!

6. jordanmills

jordanmills Well-Known

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Funny, I was also carrying in spec's for a last minute bit of holiday cheer.

Good call on going way beyond the call of social accountability to be polite. I also find myself doing way more than I "should" to just let things go or defuse confrontation. But, you know, it's especially annoying when it's the police trying to start the fights. Sigh.

7. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    You did the right thing! Even without your family would you have done things differently? Sometimes you just have to put your ego/pride behind you and be the better man and walk away like you did. So was the thug correct are you a redneck cracker? LOL! J/K!!!

8. chubbyzook

chubbyzook Active Member

Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    good stuff i hate people like that. ofcourse in this day you never know how far the gangster wannabes will go, and carrying is always a good idea.

9. Texican Scotty

Texican Scotty Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    Ummmm, guilty as charged, and he here thought he was insulting me!

10. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

My thoughts are that this is exactly WHY you were smart in keeping it from esclating. ;)