• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So, on May 4th, I sent 2 firearms back to the factory for customer service: My Ruger LCP, which had the takedown pin head pop off, and my Keltec Sub2000, which fails to eject probably 2% of the time and the front sight is canted (have to adjust sight all the way to the right and then still a couple inches to the right at 25 yards.

Keltec sent me an e-mail quite a while back telling me to bring it to UPS and ship it back with a letter, receipt proving I own it, etc. Ruger e-mails me a prepaid shipping label and tells me what to do (+1 point for Ruger for paying).

Yesterday, when I get home, there is a note on the door saying UPS tried delivering me a package. I was thinking "What the hell is this?" Got it today and sure as shit, Ruger had it back for an attempted delivery 11 days after I gave it to UPS! After paying for it!

Awesome!! A+ to you Ruger.
    Guns International

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Ruger is my favorite manufacturer overall. I really enjoy their mini-14 and mini-30 as well as the .22 line of pistols they make. I'm waiting on the elusive 1911 next. I might even give their new AR-15 a shot if I can find the damn thing.

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    Ruger has excellent customer service. Sent my LCP back to them when they had the hammer drop recall. They paid for everything, got it back in about 2 weeks along with a LCP hat and a new magazine for my troubles.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    All of my handguns are Rugers. I am still waiting for an opportunity to pick up the SR1911. Most of the places. Lose are sold out. I may have to drive a little further.

Glad to here that you got great customer service. I never had to use it myself, yet.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Good to hear. Love my LCP and havent had a single problem with it. Its very reassuring to know they stand behind their product 100%. Cant say that for all manufacturers.

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    I have always like Ruger myself, 3 out of my 4 guns are Rugers. Plus they're guns are made 100% in the USA, some aren't but they pass it off to be, like S&W.

droshi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Houston
    Nice...I like ruger as well, thinking of getting a Blackhawk :)

Every other industry needs to learn from the gun industry on customer service. Every interaction I've had with gun mfgrs has been great, even over the top compared to any other industry.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    All of my handguns are Rugers. I am still waiting for an opportunity to pick up the SR1911. Most of the places. Lose are sold out. I may have to drive a little further.

Glad to here that you got great customer service. I never had to use it myself, yet.

A dealer at the Live Oak gun show has a Ruger SR1911 for sale this weekend. The first I've seen anywhere in over a year. Asking price is $799, but he should be willing to negotiate (he has in the past)

The gun is used with low mileage. I gave it a good look over ... no scratches, nicks, or other defects. Very tight.

+1 on superb Ruger customer service!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay, somewhere around June 4th, the UPS-man returned my Sub2000 to me. That is 1 month to the day since I sent it in for warranty repairs. Considering shipping time, I think that is a decent turn around time. Not nearly as good as the return time was from Ruger, but there was quite a bit more work done on the Keltec.
    The writeup says they:
    - Aligned sight and barrel (sight being canted was one of reasons I sent it in, but hopefully this was not done before the next item)
    - Replaced barrel
    - Replaced bolt head
    - Replaced safety
    - Replaced hammer
    - Replaced the sear.
    These were in addition to a few things listed in services performed (see sheet below).
    Not really sure if all these things were done in order to correct the FTEs or if they did a really good QC check and replaced anything that wasn't great.
    And they specified that they put 5 full mags (10 rounder) through it without incident.

I have put somewhere between 75 and 100 rounds through it without issue so far. While that's not enough to say this thing is definitely reliable, it is enough for me to know that it is functioning more reliably than before I sent it in.

I give Keltec and A- for this. Very pleased so far, but I'm comparing to Ruger, who took half the time and paid for shipping both ways.

Thanks Keltec and Ruger!

Here's the paperwork.

Keltec repair paperwork - pers info omitted.jpg

Top Bottom