Guns International

A trip to the local "shop of sin" leads to a new addition!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    God, I LOVE Father's Day and having a new bride (we got married Wednesday night)!

We were out looking for a few little things...new flip covers for a scope I traded for, a new strap...you know, little things, when my new bride wanders over to the rows of rifles and sees a new Rossi R92 in 45 Long Colt with the 20 inch octogon barrell and the case hardened blued finish, and a stock with some very nice graining to it, and decides that I need a new rifle for Father's Day! All for $409.00!

So, I have a new rifle! I know, I know...Rossi. I've owned a few, and I guess I've been one of the lucky ones who has never had any trouble...and besides, it IS pretty...and I really was looking for a gun for the ranch to haul around on the 4-wheeler! And my guy at the local gun store is a good friend and will help with any problems that might arise...

I'll get some pictures later, right now it's still in the box waiting for Fathers Day, but here's a link to the Rossi site with a picture of the case hardened blue finish!

Rossi USA
    Target Sports

Attachments

• Rossi M92 .45LC..jpg
      Rossi M92 .45LC..jpg
      54.2 KB · Views: 90

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I love some lever action! Congrats!

I do, too! My FIRST gun was a Winchester Model 94 in .30-.30 given to me by my grandfather for my 8th birthday (1968). I still have it, and still love to pull it out and remember the good times walking out to the deer blind with a man I loved deeply and miss just as much!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Welllll....blanks in some guns...and it's a small caliber anyway!

Can I say that here?

:)

She's a keeper....cleans up the kitchen while I cook, sets the coffee pot at night, makes the bed every morning, buys me guns and wants me to go shoot...what more could a man ask for?

Since I posted a picture of the new rifle, might as well post one of her, too!

IMG_0325..jpg

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Just be careful.

My experience with women of my past is that if they allow you to spend money on yourself, they will expect double for them! :)

I'm sure you're enjoying both ! ;)

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Just be careful.

My experience with women of my past is that if they allow you to spend money on yourself, they will expect double for them! :)

I'm sure you're enjoying both ! ;)

Ya know, the fun part is that SHE BOUGHT IT WITH HER OWN MONEY! :) But I see what you're saying....what is she going to want me to buy her with my....oh chit, can I take it back????

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    You are one lucky guy!

You got a keeper, and she is a hotty to boot! Congratulations!

Neither of my two ex's appreciated my gun collecting habits... And if the household "extras" budget got down to the point of -EITHER- me buying ammo or their buying pedicures, guess which of the two always won out? LOL

And for what it's worth, my dad had that identical Rossi, purchased for exactly what you stated, a knock around coyote gun for him leave in the gun rack of his old truck that he fed the cows out of. He shot thousands of rounds of 30.30 ammo through it and it never missed a beat or had a hiccup of any kind.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    You got a keeper, and she is a hotty to boot! Congratulations!

Neither of my two ex's appreciated my gun collecting habits... And if the household "extras" budget got down to the point of -EITHER- me buying ammo or their buying pedicures, guess which of the two always won out? LOL

And for what it's worth, my dad had that identical Rossi, purchased for exactly what you stated, a knock around coyote gun for him leave in the gun rack of his old truck that he fed the cows out of. He shot thousands of rounds of 30.30 ammo through it and it never missed a beat or had a hiccup of any kind.

Thanks! She is a hottie...and as sweet and loving as she is hot!

I've had a couple of people tell me the same thing about this gun...and that's what it is going to be...it won't see the inside of a house again, but will see lots of time in the pickup and on the tractor and 4 wheeler!

Top Bottom