• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have mixed emotions about the ruling....They could make hunting licenses extremely expensive or other prohibitive requirements......

"The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, however, ruled that a hunting license requirement for purchases of rifles or shotguns by adults under 21 who are not in the military or law enforcement was reasonable"​

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have mixed emotions about the ruling....They could make hunting licenses extremely expensive or other prohibitive requirements......

"The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, however, ruled that a hunting license requirement for purchases of rifles or shotguns by adults under 21 who are not in the military or law enforcement was reasonable"​

I missed that part.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx

Yeah, that's a nasty one. Still trying to work the standing interpretation of the 2A so that the 2A is about hunting and the military. They'll weasel in any connection that they can.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

So,,,by the Court's logic, and the State, you only have a valid reason to have them is to hunt if you are 18-20 years old? But once you hit 21 years old, you suddenly develope other valid reasons besides hunting?
    This ruling needs to be appealed on the obvious grounds of age discrimination. Not to mention forcing them to pay for a hunting license and not everyone else.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Phuck California. Even a small win such as this, isn't going to change much as far as gun rights in the state of Californial.

Too little too late for that state.
    Very true. Some california gun owners will gladly vote their rights away too. Mostly because some don't recognize keeping and bearing arms as a natural right.

There are some hard-core and righteous Second Amendment advocates in CA, but they are far outnumbered and are painted as extremists, not worthy of the "privilege " of gun ownership.

Small wins won't "add up" in CA. En-banc reviews are rarely favorable to the 2nd. Years tied up in court, with the hopes that the SCOTUS will take the case is "California Dreamin, in my opinion. Sucks but I think it's reality.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    California is it's own country let it suffer as it does. It can and will only get worse. I Have to laugh at most of it's residents who feel that California is sooooo very special. Ummmm no it's Not!
    Don't ruin it for them. Once they realize this , they will want to move here.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom