• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Armed & Styled YouTube channel the presenter explains her decisions, thinking and steps to carrying a concealed handgun. Her candid comments and explanation could help those considering or new to carrying a concealed handgun. Society places a lot of responsibility on the armed citizen. Are you prepared?
    Hurley's Gold

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    SHE who cashes my retirement check is giving us that look right now. Be nice.

Attachments

• i-love-lucy-lucy-ricardo.gif
      i-love-lucy-lucy-ricardo.gif
      104.6 KB · Views: 114

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Armed & Styled YouTube channel the presenter explains her decisions, thinking and steps to carrying a concealed handgun. Her candid comments and explanation could help those considering or new to carrying a concealed handgun. Society places a lot of responsibility on the armed citizen. Are you prepared?
    Always glad to help the forum's audience get a chuckle now and again. BTW: did anyone watch the video?

mmeece

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Gainesville
    I realize this thread is a little old, but has anyone had experience with getting their (now recently adult) daughter a handgun? Mine is strong and athletic and handles my Sig P365 well, so I'm not worried about caliber choice. Her main concern is carrying a gun in the car in case she breaks down and/or having one at gas stations, etc on commutes. I don't think she'd appendix carry like me, so looking for opinions on how to keep it secure/accessible in the car as well as on her person briefly or maybe in a bag/purse?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    has anyone had experience with getting their (now recently adult) daughter a handgun?
    No, I haven't. But I have helped a number of women choose their first handgun.
    maybe in a bag/purse?
    I think I'm one of the few folks on the board who will defend off-body carry. The situation you describe would be one of those times when it's a workable choice. The problem I see is that there are so many people making so many "gun purses" of so many different designs and styles that it requires exhaustive research to find the right one. I usually find the biggest stumbling block to be style; unlike a concealed carry holster, style matters. It matters a lot.

For both questions, the answer is almost always "She makes the choice." I can expose women to all sorts of firearms and give them short lessons on every one. But I usually don't make recommendations. I find that out of any group of 20 guns, there will be one or two that she picks up and it just feels right to her. As long as that handgun is minimally suitable to the task (Single shot target pistols need not apply, no matter how great they feel to hold and shoot.), the one that feels right is the one she should consider. Then rent one and shoot a box of ammo through it. If she still feels that "Yeah, I like this" vibe, even if it's for reasons she can't articulate, then that's the gun for her.

At least, it's the first one. :)

Top Bottom