• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    does anyone make a good solid super bright LED flashlight that takes AA batteries instead of CR123As and can be weapon mounted?
    Military Camp

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have taped a mini light to the barrel of a 30-30 I had. I put a rolled up sock in between the light and the barrel for shock resistance. I didn't get the chance to test the shock resistance but the set up pointed well and with the tail switch it was indeed very easy to operate.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I just bought a Coleman Max at wall mart that is 115 lumens and a tail switch it has a range of 62 meters (I think) for $25 it is bright! The tail switch is not as tactical as I would like but it works. It has a 5 hour run time and is right at 1'' wide IIRC and about 5" or 6" long. I'm going to see how it holds up and if it's good then there is a smaller one there that takes smaller batteries (kinda like the cr123's) that I want. Just a thought. I'm carrying that light right now and it's just big enough to be comfy in the hand and small enough to be comfy in my back pocket.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Yea mine has 180 lumens but the newer ones have 204 I'm pretty sure. If you run them with lithium batteries they seem to last forever. I have had many other lights but the fenix line of lights are like the glocks of flashlights.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Yea mine has 180 lumens but the newer ones have 204 I'm pretty sure. If you run them with lithium batteries they seem to last forever. I have had many other lights but the fenix line of lights are like the glocks of flashlights.

I have both Surefire and Fenix lights, both are fine products the Fenix is a much better value.
    Ordering another for the hurricane season.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    ROFLMAO!

IF YOU HAVE EVER TAPED A FLASH LIGHT TO YOU'RE RIFLE SO YOU COULD GO HOG HUNTING, YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK...

I'm callin Jeff as soon as I clean up all the coffee I blew out my nose!

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast

I have the same light. I have an older 180 Lumens and the new 204 lumen version. New version has a high beam strobe feature that is blinding and disorienting and would be useful in certain situations.

I like the old style on/off with a depress and release for mometary light, but I am getting used to the new version with the click on click off switch.

Best light ever made and I have many others.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Check out lighthound; www.lighthound.com/ They even have a storefront in Pearland and you can try them on for size!!!!!!!!!!! They have great customer service and really know their stuff. Tell'em I sent ya.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Check out lighthound; www.lighthound.com/ They even have a storefront in Pearland and you can try them on for size!!!!!!!!!!! They have great customer service and really know their stuff. Tell'em I sent ya.
    x2 on lighthound. ive bought several things from them. even been in the store. Its a pretty cool place if you ever get a chance to go. like a toy store for adults lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom