I like this option...

maktaclite2dd.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just bought a Coleman Max at wall mart that is 115 lumens and a tail switch it has a range of 62 meters (I think) for $25 it is bright! The tail switch is not as tactical as I would like but it works. It has a 5 hour run time and is right at 1'' wide IIRC and about 5" or 6" long. I'm going to see how it holds up and if it's good then there is a smaller one there that takes smaller batteries (kinda like the cr123's) that I want. Just a thought. I'm carrying that light right now and it's just big enough to be comfy in the hand and small enough to be comfy in my back pocket.

I have the smaller Coleman one. It's really small, is about 100 lumens and only ~$25. I do like it a lot but the batteries are $$ and only last like 2 hrs of run time. I though I was saving money, but I've already spent $50 on CR123 batteries

Kind of like buying a $250 AK that only shoots 50 Beowulf ammo I should have spent more money up front on a good AA torch. This thread has a ton of good links.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The Colemans claims of X number of lumens are pretty exaggerated. I have a few and the problem is they seem to drain batteries even faster than xenons. AA batteries die much faster than CR123, and camera batts can be bought cheap in bulk on eBay. I switched over the CR batteries and I'm never going back. Don't go cheap on life-saving gear.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I have the stylus which uses one AA. Very impressive light output and acceptable battery life. It certainly fills the niche market of people who want a quality LED flashlight which is very slim and compact. It puts the mini-mags to shame.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Go to ebay look up cree. You can get 270 lumens for like $15 and they use 2AA, some you can unscrew and use 1AA. Nice body, nicely made. Had one for two years and works great.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Cree is a manufacturer of LED modules and is considered one of the best if not the best. All sorts of manufacturers use them from the relatively cheap (but very high quality) O-Light to way overpriced Sure-Fire. You can't go wrong with Cree.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom