• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    I just received an Eletric Digital Caliper in the mail. You know, one of those little measuring doodads with a LCD display stuck onto it.

The front of the box, in read block leters has "Important Warning Label in Back"

On the back I find this important warning it says, in block letters:

"Using Hand tools can be dangerous, alwars take care and keep away from children. Wear protective eyewear in work area at all times. Selsct correct type and size of hand tools for work. This product manufactured in china."

First odd that being manufctured in china should be a warning, I figure by this time it should be something like nayah, nayah, nayah we make things you don't. I'm getting off track....

So a digital caliper is a dangerous tool that should be kept away from children!?!?! Tools should be given to children, they should be encourged to take things apart to see how they work. Many of you have calipers, how much damage do you really think the avrage person can do with them?? A warning label, really, really!!!!!

If you can't manage to NOT stick the end into your eye then maybe you shouldn't be trusted with eye balls!!!!

George Carlin was right when he said "The pusifaction of America"

Done now, going to stick the depth mesure into my cats' eyes. Nothing on the box about not doing that. Maybe I'll use the internal measuring jaws to check the width of my pee hole, that will be fun. :-)

BTW: that fired 10mm case I have on my desk is in fact a bit wider then 10mm, just like the reloading book said it would be.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    You know someone's dumbass kid is going to try and eat that shit. They have to. Lol

Sent carelessly from Joe Biden's balcony

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    One of my favorites (perhaps just a story) is that Daredevil lures used a lead based paint and that Walmart insisted that the packaging include the statement "fatal or harmful if swallowed" because of the lead.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    What else do you expect? I mean, its a ,spill a cup of coffee on yourself and make a million dollars kind of world.

Have you seen the third degree burns that coffee caused? I used to make fun of that person until I looked into the facts of the case. They had the coffee at around 200 degrees which was something around 80 degrees over the legal temperature max.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Have you seen the third degree burns that coffee caused? I used to make fun of that person until I looked into the facts of the case. They had the coffee at around 200 degrees which was something around 80 degrees over the legal temperature max.

According to said article it was around 180 vs the 155 deemed safe. Not quite as drastic as 80 degrees too hot. Maybe it was a poor example. Gimme a bit and I am sure I can find a better one.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    According to said article it was around 180 vs the 155 deemed safe. Not quite as drastic as 80 degrees too hot. Maybe it was a poor example. Gimme a bit and I am sure I can find a better one.

Yeah I looked it up after trying to recite a case I studied a year ago. Although its interesting to note how it got spun as a frivolous lawsuit

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom