Gun Zone Deals

AAC lifetime warranty doesn't mean "lifetime"...???......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    *******Reply received from AAC on Arfcom. Post edited to show reply below********

I have an Evolution .40 currently sitting in repair. I was sent an email today which asked me to call today. I was told my can is "unrepairable" due to them not having parts. I was told my options were:

1. Sign a waiver stating can is unsafe to fire and have can sent back to me unrepaired and worthless to use
    2. Sign a form stating that Remington will destroy my can and remove from registry.

That is it. Only options given. When I stated the warranty is repair OR replace, they told me it was only if it is a manufacturer defect and the main repair person determines that. Nowhere in the warranty does it say that. They told me they will discuss with that person and get back to me. So far, not impressed with the service received, and I am not hopeful this will turn out well.

Back story on can:

Took it to my local indoor range to shoot. Was using it on my USP .40 Tactical (with correct piston) and after about 5 shots, the end cap (which is not removable) flew off downrange. No baffle strikes seen by me or reported by CS. Indoor range (DFW Gun Range in Addison) stated they would grab endcap for me at end of night after they closed (Endcap was visible about 15 yards downrange in the next firing lane and pointed out to RSO). Called the next day, they said they forgot and would do it that night. Called next day they said they forgot again and would do it that night. Called next day and they said they couldn't find it (go figure). Shit out of luck with that range. Called AAC and was promised multiple times to have warranty repair info sent, 3 weeks and multiple calls later, warranty form was emailed to me. Fast forward to today.

This can has seen normal use and was not abused by me in any way. I was using factory Federal Champion 180gr ammunition. Can was checked for tightness prior to shooting, and even checked again after first few rounds were fired. Not sure why I am being given the run-around, but if this is the standard for AAC service, I am very disappointed.

Link to warranty:

http://www.advanced-armament.com/Warranty-Information_ep_50-1.html

Reply from AAC received on Arfcom:

Jeez! You guys are so quick to crucify here without knowing all the facts.

The Evo 40 in question was examined and found to have a bulge at the front of the tube where the end cap threads reside. This bulge constitutes damage to the serialized aluminum tube that cannot be repaired or replaced. Bulges of this nature are typically found when the silencer has experienced an over-pressure situation or had a front end cap strike that removes the front end cap. Over pressure can come from ammunition that the silencer was not designed for, or shooting the silencer with too much ablative media. Regardless of what caused the bulge, with the tube deformed this way, there is no way to get an end cap to re-seat and stay put. Damage like this is indeed not a quality/workmanship issue, and with it damaged the way it is there is nothing we (or anyone) can do to repair it. Typically in a situation where a customer has a legacy can that cannot be repaired, we do offer a discount on a current product, which we will do in this case. I don't know why the CSR you spoke with did not offer you this option, but we do it all the time. The Ti-Rant 45 M, set up with .40 cal pistons, is far quieter than the Evo 40 ever hoped to be, and you should be very pleased with the performance.

Please reach out to me at my e-mail address, and we can discuss getting you a discounted Ti-Rant 45 M.

Mike Smith/AAC
    SilentMike
    mike@advanced-armament.com

My reply was:

Thank you for this info. None of this was relayed to me on the phone by the person I spoke with. I posted EVERYTHING I was told by the rep. I will reach out to you shortly. Thank you for your time and reply.

As an additional, can was being shot dry at the time and I didn't have any issues with the ammo in question.

@Atlmike -

What constitutes "normal use?" Since none of these conditions are true: LIMITATIONS This warranty does not cover damage to the silencer and/or host firearm resulting in whole or in part from criminal, abusive or negligent use, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, defective, improper handloaded or reloaded ammunition, or neglect. Would my can not be covered under "normal use?"
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    AAC is owned by Remington which just went into Bankruptcy.

I guess you should feel lucky they even responded? Bushmaster never did when I ordered a M16 LPK and the one they sent me was missing a hammer.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yep, not really surprised they don't care. Then again I've grown to be a cynical sort - I don't believe anyone will do what they say they'll do anymore. Same goes for the range, they failed you too.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Remington was given new life recently after the banks ponied up money for them (figures). I don't understand what is so hard about keeping your word or doing what you say you will. It is not just younger people either, I have had people of all ages fail to keep promises or do what they say. Pisses me off though.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Wow.

1) How did endcap come off in your view? Baffle strike knocked it off, or in unthreaded itself due to vibration, etc? Something else.

2) If no baffle strikes, not sure how it is worthless.

3) They should have these parts, even if no longer in production, just harvested from previous evolutions that have failed.

4) Even a novice machinist can make a new endcap.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And for future reference, this is Rugged Suppressors Warranty:

Unconditional Lifetime Warranty.
    With Rugged Suppressors’s strict quality control measures and use of premium materials, we can offer an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty.

If for any reason you have an issue with a Rugged Suppressors product, we will repair or replace it free of charge. Period. Even if you drop it from a mountain. That’s why it’s called an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty and that’s why there’s no small legal type needed.

Having a problem with your Rugged Suppressors product? Please fill out the RMA Request Form, and we’ll get you back to shooting as quickly as possible.

Need to register your product? Visit our Product Registration page.

Have you had a positive experience with your Rugged product or our customer service team? Leave us a Google review by clicking this link.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Already posted on arf and snipers hide. I plan to keep the threads started updated. To answer your question about how I think it came off, I would guess just over time the endcap loosened. There were threads on the inside of can and bits of dried red loctite, but the loctite was only dotted on in a couple places on the threads. I don't know why they are saying they can't repair it, they didn't tell me, just they don't have the parts.

Either way, Rugged will be getting my next order for an Obsidian .45 and I will be sure to steer everyone I know towards them and Dead Air.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Maybe Remington hasn't paid the invoice to whoever contracts makes the parts. Toys R Us did the same. They fell behind paying the suppliers. Nobody would send them more inventory until they paid the bills. Then they went bankrupt and killed it all.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    True. But even then they are still operating, accepting repairs, and have not changed wording on their warrranty. Plus, they just got bailed out with several loans to pay some of those bills.
    Lots of creditors and other claims ahead of you, but sue them. That is what they know and are counting on, that you won't.

Help them to see the light and post your experience as as many forums as make sense. Don't forget https://forum.snipershide.com/forums/sniper-s-hide-suppressors/ and http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?9-NFA .

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Thank you to all who replied for your your thoughts. I have decided to take my can back as is. I will be going with another suppressor from another company.

My reply to the CSR:

Thank you for the offer but I will have to decline. It is frustrating to be told that the failure of the suppressor is basically my fault even though I did nothing to induce that failure. I used factory ammo that had no issues, was shooting the can dry, and was using the proper mount/piston. Yet still the can failed and I don't know why. But now I am out my initial investment, $200 tax stamp, and almost a year of time. And I now have to do it all over again. Please send the unrepaired suppressor back to me when you can. Thank you and take care.

Top Bottom