• ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's a sound idea.

You can bet the commie creeps will try intimidation at the polls, but the worst will come the next day after President Trump wins again.

They're gonna go apoplectic!

Keep your powder dry...

Would it be in poor taste to wish that Trump would announce an open season on the protesters?

Asking for a friend! Yeah, that friend again!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pretty dumb fücking idea, just like every other one he’s had this year.

As for seeing TXNG at a polling place, that isn’t included in the task order; this deployment appears to be in support of DPS for after the polls close, which is about the only saving grace.

At best, he’s using this as an influence operation that just about holds hands with voter intimidation on one side and voter motivation on the other.

At worst, he’s decided to use TXNG as a political force, absent credible and verifiable threats of violence requiring Texas Military Department capabilities.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Pretty dumb fücking idea, just like every other one he’s had this year.

As for seeing TXNG at a polling place, that isn’t included in the task order; this deployment appears to be in support of DPS for after the polls close, which is about the only saving grace.

At best, he’s using this as an influence operation that just about holds hands with voter intimidation on one side and voter motivation on the other.

At worst, he’s decided to use TXNG as a political force, absent credible and verifiable threats of violence requiring Texas Military Department capabilities.

That's for sure a different perspective Todd. And honestly, I can't say I do disagree with it.

But, I can see them being deployed as a preventative measure to deter violence from happening in the first place.

But you bring up some valid points.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Valid points, yes. But not entirely.
    The rioters don't tend to give advance notice most of the time. But more than one activist has said they will do almost anything to make sure Trump loses. Even if they are saying they have no evidence, I'm not entirely convinced. Polls have had violence and disruption before although it has been a long while. Even though there hasn't been any so far doesn't mean there won't be.
    Besides, the way things have been, using TXNG to guard where you need manpower instead of LE frees up a lot of LE to patrol polls and deter problems before they start.
    The way this year has been, nothing would surprise me.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Valid points, yes. But not entirely.
    The rioters don't tend to give advance notice most of the time. But more than one activist has said they will do almost anything to make sure Trump loses. Even if they are saying they have no evidence, I'm not entirely convinced. Polls have had violence and disruption before although it has been a long while. Even though there hasn't been any so far doesn't mean there won't be.
    Besides, the way things have been, using TXNG to guard where you need manpower instead of LE frees up a lot of LE to patrol polls and deter problems before they start.
    The way this year has been, nothing would surprise me.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Some good observations there.

Is there so much harm in having them prepared and quietly staged near areas of possible needs? If he waits until the riots start, it will be way too late. And there is no guarantee that intelligence will reveal verifiable threats in advance.

Not an easy balance.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Here's some speculating on my part. Todd brought up some valid points and so did JRB as well. I think it matters in how they are deployed near the polling places and at what distance they are from them if they are deployed as a deterrent.

As in, if they far enough away that they aren't in close proximity, but close enough that they could react to any violence that might break out. Is that an acceptable compromise?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Leadership would have been not publicizing the deployment. By publicizing ahead of time, it became an information operation, which is a subset of the psyops mission set.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Leadership would have been not publicizing the deployment. By publicizing ahead of time, it became an information operation, which is a subset of the psyops mission set.

What are your thoughts on the intended goal was by publicizing the deployment? What do you think the information operation could gain from this?

I'm asking because I have no idea, and I like hearing your assessments of such things.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If antifa and BLM marxist phuck with the polls it will be the biggest mistake they ever made.
    Thry will become irrelevant terrorists to 3/4 of the country.

I think abbot is a phucking retard for announcing this. It will suppress some voters.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If it discourages/prevents rioting, is that not better than having rioting and then reacting after the fact when the damage is done?

Many a lawman has issued a warning and prevented crime.

It is not as though there have been no leftwing riots this year...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If antifa and BLM marxist phuck with the polls it will be the biggest mistake they ever made.
    Thry will become irrelevant terrorists to 3/4 of the country.

I think abbot is a phucking retard for announcing this. It will suppress some voters.
    Which ones do you think it will suppress and why?

Seems that some folks of the nervous disposition might be reassured by this, rather than discouraged?

Top Bottom