• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I don't think it's intentional means of voter intimidation, but as Todd said yesterday, some voters may feel intimidated, and some may feel motivated by their presence being deployed.

Does sound like an accurate assessment to me.

That seems more likely than an intentional move. Sorry if I missed it, are they actually being deployed to polling places? I thought they were going to stage in the cities and be ready if needed. I'll be surprised if the problems break out at polling places. I expect downtown riots like we had the past summer.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    That seems more likely than an intentional move. Sorry if I missed it, are they actually being deployed to polling places? I thought they were going to stage in the cities and be ready if needed. I'll be surprised if the problems break out at polling places. I expect downtown riots like we had the past summer.
    I thought it was an intentional "don't try rioting" move - not so much voter intimidation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I thought it was an intentional "don't try rioting" move - not so much voter intimidation.

I have to agree with Todd and how he said it. For some voters, they might see it as intimidation, while for some voters, motivation.

And I'm sure some of the left leaning radicals may try to present such a deployment as voter intimidation. The like to say rioting and looting are peaceful protesting too!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    "Some of the unclear details include how many troops will be sent to each city, and where they would be stationed while deployed. Jones said the troops might not be sent to polling stations. That means they could be sent to various places around those cities where protests and flare-ups are possible."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    "Some of the unclear details include how many troops will be sent to each city, and where they would be stationed while deployed. Jones said the troops might not be sent to polling stations. That means they could be sent to various places around those cities where protests and flare-ups are possible."

It's very possible they may be deployed in a manner as to be discreet and out of the way, but close enough to react if needed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't think it's intentional means of voter intimidation, but as Todd said yesterday, some voters may feel intimidated, and some may feel motivated by their presence being deployed.

Does sound like an accurate assessment to me.

Being intimidated because some TXNG guys are somewhere in the area is extremely irrational. We should not base logical decisions on irrational fears.

Nothing about this smells in the slightest way like voter intimidation or any other kind of nefarious plot. It smells like Abbot doesn’t want to see Texas cities burning because the Antifatards lose their shit if they don’t get what they want on ejection night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have to agree with Todd and how he said it. For some voters, they might see it as intimidation, while for some voters, motivation.

And I'm sure some of the left leaning radicals may try to present such a deployment as voter intimidation. The like to say rioting and looting are peaceful protesting too!
    Being intimidated because some TXNG guys are somewhere in the area is extremely irrational. We should not base logical decisions on irrational fears.

Nothing about this smells in the slightest way like voter intimidation or any other kind of nefarious plot. It smells like Abbot doesn’t want to see Texas cities burning because the Antifatards lose their shit if they don’t get what they want on ejection night.

Some will chose to feel intimidated no matter what anyone says or does. Some bitch about a free steak dinner to.
    What nobody has bothered to mention. What if Abbott is just not talking about some plausible threats exactly so people won't be intimidated by them and just wants to be ready?
    Kind of makes you wonder.......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

I never said it was voter intimidation, but some may think if they are deployed, might think it was a form of voter intimidation. There is huge difference. Something actually happening, and some thinking something that never existed in any way.

In no way do I consider deploying TNG as a deterrent to violent riots in any way voter intimidation. I understand the reasoning or thought process as to why.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I never said it was voter intimidation, but some may think if they are deployed, might think it was a form of voter intimidation. There is huge difference. Something actually happening, and some thinking something that never existed in any way.

In no way do I consider deploying TNG as a deterrent to violent riots in any way voter intimidation. I understand the reasoning or thought process as to why.

Enlighten me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom