Hurley's Gold

Abbott Now Going to Increase Restrictions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    He'd better not. New cases today are over 5,000.

The Horse is out of the barn. No amount of mitigation will stop this from spreading. It's going to be a part of our seasonal respiratory disease pattern.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Hmmm
    upload_2020-6-23_16-59-54.png

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

I'm sure some of that is due to them "fixing" the reporting issues earlier. But it's not looking like much of a huge issue lately.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-23_16-59-54.png
      upload_2020-6-23_16-59-54.png
      31.3 KB · Views: 838

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The MSM has been screaming about the Houston ICUs being overflowing while the hospital workers and nurses I know are on 2 day shifts because of all the empty beds. Same in Arizona where they claim huge increases.

The issue is not what they label as "cases" but how many cases get ill enough to require medical treatment. The media and politicians ignore this and use test results as a smokescreen for health threats. Abbott is in danger of going down that rabbit hole and its one that will cost him come election time; at least my vote.

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The MSM has been screaming about the Houston ICUs being overflowing while the hospital workers and nurses I know are on 2 day shifts because of all the empty beds. Same in Arizona where they claim huge increases.

The issue is not what they label as "cases" but how many cases get ill enough to require medical treatment. The media and politicians ignore this and use test results as a smokescreen for health threats. Abbott is in danger of going dow that rabbit hole and its one that will cost him come election time; at least my vote.
    I went to Methodist a few months ago for a pre-pregnancy minor scare (nothing was wrong), and it was a ghost town. We went a month ago for the delivery, and it was still pretty empty. Outside observation definitely supports what you're being told by your people on the inside.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I went to Methodist a few months ago for a pre-pregnancy minor scare (nothing was wrong), and it was a ghost town. We went a month ago for the delivery, and it was still pretty empty. Outside observation definitely supports what you're being told by your people on the inside.

Hell, I was at a major teaching hospital today for a routine follow up. The clinic I see is usually packed with 20+ patients and has a 45-day lead time.

Called for my appointment last week, expecting early August and was offered today. Went in and the waiting room was empty. Like zero patients empty.

I asked the staff doc and the department doc how busy was it; the response was single digit number of patients daily in a ward that primarily sees soon cancer patients and survivors in South Texas.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Maybe, but I remember when Democrats like Ann Richards were running Texas so I will take a "RINO" like Abbott any day.
    I remember, too.....there wasn't much difference.

Abbott can declare any shutdown he wants....he won't get much compliance. Texans are fed up with him on both sides. He's pretty much a lame duck now.....and he'll be absolutely useless during the next Legislative session.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I remember, too.....there wasn't much difference.

LOL -

The difference between Richards and her successors [Bush, Perry, Abbott] is night and day. None of us would have carry licenses of Dems had won instead.

I must be out of touch with all of the Democratic policies Abbott has enacted to give him the label RINO, you know like

anti-gun
    pro amnesty
    pro income tax
    pro cheap labor
    pro ObamaCare

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Let's not eat our own.

If you cant vote for the best candidate then vote against the worst outcome.

The primary is the place to get rid of Abbott.

Now, there won't be another shutdown. 1 no one will obey it. 2 at this point everyone knows the issue is icu admissions and deaths, which is why we did the lockdowns to begin with, and no one will swallow anymore drivel about the sky falling when it isnt. 3 riots and protests.

Oh ya, 95 percent of the cases in the meat plant outbreaks were Asymptomatic and no one would have even known they had it without testing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Unless people start dropping dead, and are stacked up like cordwood on the sidewalks, I seriously doubt anyone will willingly shut down their business', or stay at home and lose income like the last time.

I think if anyone tries to push the issue, there will be a massive push back from the public this time.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    It's funny that all of a sudden we have all these new positive cases happening. There are a couple reasons for this.
    1. It's true,People are letting their guard down about being in large groups in public.
    2. They are actually testing many more people daily than they have over the past several months. So Yes,There will be more positive cases of the virus for them to advertise.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    2 at this point everyone knows the issue is icu admissions and deaths, which is why we did the lockdowns to begin with
    I respectfully disagree. “Everyone” does not know that. The masses get their new from Fox, CNN, Facebook, etc.

While I do agree a second lock down won’t go over well, it’s not because of what people are told about hospitalizations and mortality rates, but because it hasn’t personally affected them. And not that it’s a bad thing. On the contrary, that may be exactly what saves us. Still though, there will be some Karens that will protest and shout loudly at the sky.

Top Bottom