Texas SOT

Abbott Now Going to Increase Restrictions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I missed his actual talk, but here is a decent summary. I don't know that i'd put "bail reform" ahead of "election integrity", but it's his list.

Bail reform is bullshit - every time I've heard that term used it means "eliminating cash bail" and letting turds go on their own recog. Last I knew, Texas allows bail bonds - and those companies willingly pony up cash for even the nastiest of turds. Does he want to put an entire industry out of work? How many bail bondsmen and the 'bail enforcement agents' who work for/with them will be out of work if they eliminate cash bails? How would such a move affect any positive changes? Its a pretty damn democrat / lefty position to take. The only other "reform" he could make would be increasing the bonds required for certain crimes, or eliminating judiciary discretion. Neither of those seem all too likely.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Bail reform is bullshit - every time I've heard that term used it means "eliminating cash bail" and letting turds go on their own recog. Last I knew, Texas allows bail bonds - and those companies willingly pony up cash for even the nastiest of turds. Does he want to put an entire industry out of work? How many bail bondsmen and the 'bail enforcement agents' who work for/with them will be out of work if they eliminate cash bails? How would such a move affect any positive changes? Its a pretty damn democrat / lefty position to take. The only other "reform" he could make would be increasing the bonds required for certain crimes, or eliminating judiciary discretion. Neither of those seem all too likely.
    He is a RINO like the Bushes and Little Mittens.

Top Bottom