Hurley's Gold

Abbott Now Going to Increase Restrictions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If Abbott runs for POTUS, his chance of getting the nomination is going to be lukewarm if there are any serious contenders. Sadly there are no republicans I can think of I'd really be enthused about short of Matt Gaetz or Ted Cruz, but Cruz has already tried and failed to get the nomination. Kind of hoping he retires from the Senate after his current term (leading by example on term limits) and runs for Governor to replace Abbott.

I liked Dan Crenshaw, but then he went all Red Flag happy. I'm not down with that nonsense. Nikki Haley might have a shot, but after hearing about some of her shenanigans as SC governor, I'm not sure she could get it. Maybe another non-politician? Maybe Eric Trump or Don Jr? Not that I'm all about dynasties but they may be able to rally people like their daddy, provided daddy wins 2nd term.

Candace Owens, Lt Col Allen West, South Dakota's Kristi Noem wouldn't be bad picks for a presidential run either. Don't think Candace would wind up with the nomination, I dunno if Col. West would want to subject his family to the BS, Kristi Noem has done a good job so far from what little I've researched her.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If Abbott runs for POTUS, his chance of getting the nomination is going to be lukewarm if there are any serious contenders. Sadly there are no republicans I can think of I'd really be enthused about short of Matt Gaetz or Ted Cruz, but Cruz has already tried and failed to get the nomination. Kind of hoping he retires from the Senate after his current term (leading by example on term limits) and runs for Governor to replace Abbott.

I liked Dan Crenshaw, but then he went all Red Flag happy. I'm not down with that nonsense. Nikki Haley might have a shot, but after hearing about some of her shenanigans as SC governor, I'm not sure she could get it. Maybe another non-politician? Maybe Eric Trump or Don Jr? Not that I'm all about dynasties but they may be able to rally people like their daddy, provided daddy wins 2nd term.

Candace Owens, Lt Col Allen West, South Dakota's Kristi Noem wouldn't be bad picks for a presidential run either. Don't think Candace would wind up with the nomination, I dunno if Col. West would want to subject his family to the BS, Kristi Noem has done a good job so far from what little I've researched her.
    Cruz has way too many issues to have a chance of that. His best chance for anything lasting is to pony up to a good president and get appointed to the supreme court. But that would do more to detract from that president than anything, given his history of pandering to huge monied business interests at the expense of the citizens he is supposed to represent.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    relevant bits, screw Abbott:

Does anyone proof read this shit, Miowing? poli watching?

Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this face-covering requirement does not apply to the Miowing:
    1. any person younger than 10 years of age;
    2. any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
    3. any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink;
    4. any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
    5. any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
    6. any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personalcare service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
    7. any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
    8. any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poli watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged;
    9. any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged;
    10. any person while the person is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience; or
    11. any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria proilajcI
    OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE 2: f0’CLOCK JUL 0 2 2020
    Governor Greg Abbott Executive Order GA-29 July 2, 2020 Page 3
    the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation form—provided, however, that wearing a face covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards.
    Not excepted from this face-covering requirement is any person attending a protest or demonstration involving more than 10 people and who is not practicing safe social distancing of six feet from other people not in the same household.
    TDEM shall maintain on its website a list of counties that are not subject to this face-covering requirement pursuant to paragraph number 11. The list can be found at: www.tdem.texas.gov/ga29.
    Following a verbal or written warning for a first-time violator of this facecovering requirement, a person’s second violation shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed $250. Each subsequent violation shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed $250 per violation.
    Local law enforcement and other local officials, as appropriate, can and should enforce this executive order, Executive Order GA-28, and other effective executive orders, as well as local restrictions that are consistent with this executive order and other effective executive orders. But no law enforcement or other official may detain, arrest, or confine in jail any person for a violation of this executive order or for related non-violent, non-felony offenses that are predicated on a violation of this executive order; provided, however, that any official with authority to enforce this executive order may act to enforce trespassing laws and remove violators at the request of a business establishment or other property owner.
    This executive order hereby prohibits confinement in jail as a penalty for the violation of any face-covering order by any jurisdiction.
    Executive Order GA-2$ is hereby amended to delete from paragraph number 15 the phrase: “, but no jurisdiction can impose a civil or criminal penalty for failure to wear a face covering.”
    The governor may by proclamation amend this executive order or add to the list of people to whom this face-covering requirement does not apply.
    This executive order does not supersede Executive Orders GA-b, GA-13, GA-17, GA

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Abbott can bend over and fellate himself. Its perfectly clear that the "spike" was because of rioters, protesters, and dipshits otherwise engaged in uncivil activities - not because of bars, white water rafting (seriously, WTF?) or other social activities since reopening began. He's too chicken-shit to call a spade a spade and put the blame squarely where it belongs.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Make up that sales tax shortfall with $250 fines? Big balls on that crippled little fukktard.
    Crippled little phuktard? Are you going to call his wife fat next?

Not saying your wrong just that it lacks imagination.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Waiting for the Abbott cartoon from other sites to show up here.....

Bad taste, but funny.......imho...

Top Bottom