• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Liberal troll?

Shhh, you'll blow my cover. :)

Read my first post in this thread and ask that question again. Apparently it is impossible for libs to understand that lack of parental responsibility is the problem, not the guns, not the manufacturers or the folks who buy their stock, not the NRA, but instead their policies that emasculate family values in this country at every opportunity.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Shhh, you'll blow my cover. :)

Read my first post in this thread and ask that question again. Apparently it is impossible for libs to understand that lack of parental responsibility is the problem, not the guns, not the manufacturers or the folks who buy their stock, not the NRA, but instead their policies that emasculate family values in this country at every opportunity.

Yet you forget that parents are legally responsible.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nope, what you're missing is that there is virtually no enforcement of the laws making parents legally responsible... just for starters:

When children fire guns are parents responsible? - BakersfieldCalifornian.com

So should the parents be charged with murder?

I tried the filter the liberal BS from that article and stick with the parts pertaining to why parents aren't charged. And it is pretty much fact that a jury conviction would be nearly impossible in many cases.

Still, the law is there. Enforcement is on a case by case scenario. Personally, I am against any laws that have storage requirements but have no problem with laws for liability.

The system allows the DA to look at the situation and decide if the parents took reasonable precautions or not.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    So should the parents be charged with murder?

I tried the filter the liberal BS from that article and stick with the parts pertaining to why parents aren't charged. And it is pretty much fact that a jury conviction would be nearly impossible in many cases.

Still, the law is there. Enforcement is on a case by case scenario. Personally, I am against any laws that have storage requirements but have no problem with laws for liability.

The system allows the DA to look at the situation and decide if the parents took reasonable precautions or not.

Yep, no better way to illustrate liberal nonsense than a liberal source. Glad you recognized that. :p

Murder? I can't make that determination with what is known thus far, and it is not up to me. But will state unequivocally that if you were to serve alcohol to an under aged individual visiting in your home, and they killed someone driving on the way home, you would most certainly be an accessory to the crime and held accountable.

i see no viable rationale in a diminishing of parental responsibility just because a gun was involved. AAMOF, that was the tongue in cheek thrust of that Parents Against Guns document link. Blamed everything but the individual and parents.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, I have no problem with parental accountability. In fact, I think that accountability starts way before the kid picks up a gun. But in this case I haven't even seen how he gained access so I'm not gonna throw them under the bus for that part just yet.

The parents DID fail in knowing what was going on on the kids life which most likely stems from a failure to spend time and connect with the kid. Whether this was an obvious failure or something they were attempting to work through with him and ran out if time I don't know. There is know manual for being a parent, least not one that's worth a shit.

I feel like there probably were some major parenting fails for things to have gotten to this point.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom