• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Not that any of us would likely be surprised. "Journalistic" intent or not, does anyone else find it disturbing to leave an "unloaded" firearm in a room full of kids? I would love to see charges filed, but we know that will never happen.
    Diane Sawyer?s ABC News hit piece on guns may show violation of Florida law - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Reading the law I don't think what they are going to show with the kids violates that.
    I DO think it is important to show parents that they cannot trust their little kids. I saw a program years ago that highlighted this. A room was set up with toys and play areas, along with many hidden cameras. Parents were told that inoperative guns would be placed in the room to see how the kids would react.

Most of the kids had had the Eddie Eagle training, and the rest were "educated" by their parents prior to the show as to what to do if they ever found a gun or a friend found one. Every parent was convinced their kid would do right. Every kid either pointed the gun at himself or another kid; all tried to press the trigger.

That is reality. It saddens and alarms me when I hear parents talk about not properly securing their guns because "their kids know better"

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    I remember that program as well. Even if this one is not in violation of law, it still aggravates me. Coming from a mainstream source, I have no doubts that the intent is further demonizing firearms and those who own them, as opposed to reinforcing the point with said gun owners that kids will still be kids, teaching notwithstanding.
    I guess I have had it up to here with the constant hammering away on how bad guns are. Seems that anymore, any story that involves firearms, or that someone thinks may involve firearms, becomes national headline news.

Top Bottom