ABSURD SPEEDING

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
That is interesting because when I moved back to Texas and had to do the drivers ed class for dismissing a ticket, both instructors (one retired DPS) advised against driving on the shoulder to enable faster drivers to pass. I asked my dad (retired HPD and the person I learned to do that from) about it at the time and he told me to stop doing it as it had become unsafe.
Its legal, I do it and expect it to be done.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Now as back then, I do it when conditions are right and it can be done safely. I prefer to have really discourteous and stupid drivers in front of me where I can keep an eye on them.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Texas45

Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
Most “country folk” pull rt on two laners for a vehicle approaching from behind.

City folks and arseholes not so much.

I always wonder why it is the joe citizen feels HE needs to try and “enforce” the speedlimit for me.

Just GTFO the way and let folks do whatevah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
Jan 9, 2013
San Angelo
That is interesting because when I moved back to Texas and had to do the drivers ed class for dismissing a ticket, both instructors (one retired DPS) advised against driving on the shoulder to enable faster drivers to pass. I asked my dad (retired HPD and the person I learned to do that from) about it at the time and he told me to stop doing it as it had become unsafe.

I think dad only said that because his reaction times we’re already way slower by 2000-2001 He was having huge difficulty just driving around normally, staying aware of his surroundings. Our dps friends out here all say it’s fine.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members