• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I'll throw a bone to all you law book thumpers in here ;) Speeding is eee leee gulll.. We good? Good.

Now then, a hypothetical. If there weren't left lane turtles and self-appointed traffic enforcer douche canoes, and everyone were respectful enough to drive WITH each other rather than trying to ... do whatever the heck it is they're trying to accomplish by driving against the flow... Well then speed limits could be raised if not eliminated in many cases.

What's one of the primary benefits the tech world is using to push driverless cars? The fact that y'all can't drive! Err, uh, I mean the fact that computers can drive COOPERATIVELY, and thus can safely travel faster and with fewer interruptions in traffic flow.
    :cowboy:

There is no speed limits in TX. Posted limits are call prudent and responsible speeds. If you can show a prudent reason for exceeding those posted speeds you are good. If you are going 100 in the left lane, it is unlawful not to move over if I’m behind you going 120. I might have a prudent reason to be going 120. Transportation codes 545 351 and 352 if I remember correctly.
    Lynx Defense

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And for the ever-loving lord, don’t decide you’re gonna sit up and pace me in the lane next door.

Was inbound on I10 between Fort Stockton and Ozona today, 82mph in an 80 with the cruise control set and in the right hand land. Not another vehicle around except the jackhole creeping up behind me for the past three miles. Here comes the uphill and said jackhole decides to pass me since the trucks in the right lane are starting to get bigger in the windshield.

Off to the left lane this genius goes, pulls up beside me and starts to lose momentum going up the little 7% grade and the limit effectively drops to 50mph going up the hill and it takes another three miles before shit spreads out enough to work my way through the accordion that was created.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    And for the ever-loving lord, don’t decide you’re gonna sit up and pace me in the lane next door.

Was inbound on I10 between Fort Stockton and Ozona today, 82mph in an 80 with the cruise control set and in the right hand land. Not another vehicle around except the jackhole creeping up behind me for the past three miles. Here comes the uphill and said jackhole decides to pass me since the trucks in the right lane are starting to get bigger in the windshield.

Off to the left lane this genius goes, pulls up beside me and starts to lose momentum going up the little 7% grade and the limit effectively drops to 50mph going up the hill and it takes another three miles before shit spreads out enough to work my way through the accordion that was created.
    Pendejo

slumpychuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2021
    Conroe, Tx
    There is no speed limits in TX. Posted limits are call prudent and responsible speeds. If you can show a prudent reason for exceeding those posted speeds you are good. If you are going 100 in the left lane, it is unlawful not to move over if I’m behind you going 120. I might have a prudent reason to be going 120. Transportation codes 545 351 and 352 if I remember correctly.

Given all the conversation in this thread today, this is pretty big information if it’s true. Nullifies a lot of arguments. Haven’t had a chance to check for myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Lead
    Follow
    Or get the hell out of the way

We have hwy sings:
    LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY
    SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
    NO TRUCKS LEFT LANE
    Either people cant read or are just plain ignorant

Nothing worse than a Left Lane Larry on the Hwy.

Move over

If your car is NOT equipped with
    Lights and a Siren and your not Carrying a Gun and a Badge dont try and be the traffic police by impeding the flow of the rest of us who are not afraid to use the skinny pedal on the right that all vehicles are equipped with.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Tell it to the judge, and pay the lawyer.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a feeling a lot of the people complaining are the same ones that will tailgate you while you’re passing in the left lane, then jump in the right lane cutting off an 18 wheeler as soon as they have 1.01 car lengths to do it in leading to a line of more assholes doing the same which traps you in the left lane as they pass on the right while being pissed off at you for being in the left lane.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I have a feeling a lot of the people complaining are the same ones that will tailgate you while you’re passing in the left lane, then jump in the right lane cutting off an 18 wheeler as soon as they have 1.01 car lengths to do it in leading to a line of more assholes doing the same which traps you in the left lane as they pass on the right while being pissed off at you for being in the left lane.

Perhaps.... I tow my boat a lot on I-10 between Houston and Beaumont. I drive 65 mph towing my boat - usually. I typically head to the lake around 2am. Traffic is not a problem. Coming back on Sunday - different story. I'm still doing 65, in the right hand lane, but there are two adages that hold true. No matter how fast you drive - someone else will drive faster AND No matter how slow you go - someone else will go slower. And because of that second adage I will, on occasion, have to move to the left lane. During those times I have towed my boat at 90+mph until I could work my way back into the RH lane.

But yeah.... I've experienced the scenario you mentioned many... many... times.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    One day I looked into my rear view mirror
    And a-comin' up from behind
    There was a Georgia State policeman
    And a hundred dollar fine
    Well, he looked me in the eye as he was writin' me up
    And said, "Driver, you've been flyin'
    And ninety five was the route you were on
    It was not the speed limit sign"

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1611065121806.png

what's behind me, it's not important

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Can anyone explain:

1. Why do people drive in the middle or right lane of the feeder with an empty lane to their left, then cross that empty lane to enter the onramp at the last second?
    2. Similarly, why do they drive next to the exit lane, then attempt to take the offramp at the last second?
    3. Why do people, if they use it at all, turn on their turn signal as they are turning and not before?

I have watched people do these three things daily for years, so it's obviously not accidental. If you do this, and I guarantee there are people here who do, why?

Top Bottom