• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Can anyone explain:

1. Why do people drive in the middle or right lane of the feeder with an empty lane to their left, then cross that empty lane to enter the onramp at the last second?
    2. Similarly, why do they drive next to the exit lane, then attempt to take the offramp at the last second?
    3. Why do people, if they use it at all, turn on their turn signal as they are turning and not before?

I have watched people do these three things daily for years, so it's obviously not accidental. If you do this, and I guarantee there are people here who do, why?
    1. Because the left lane is only for passing?
    2. Because they are not paying attention and/or don't know where they are or where they are going.
    3. Same as number 2.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Can anyone explain:

1. Why do people drive in the middle or right lane of the feeder with an empty lane to their left, then cross that empty lane to enter the onramp at the last second?
    2. Similarly, why do they drive next to the exit lane, then attempt to take the offramp at the last second?
    3. Why do people, if they use it at all, turn on their turn signal as they are turning and not before?

I have watched people do these three things daily for years, so it's obviously not accidental. If you do this, and I guarantee there are people here who do, why?

I can't answer these because I don't do any of that stuff.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Can anyone explain:

1. I think it's conditioning of we usually travel in the right hand lane the majority of the time regardless of conditions. Purely a guess though.

2. Stupidity, not paying attention to the exit signs, ect.

3. Texas traffic code for turn signals: Texas Transportation Code 545.104. Driver is suppose to use their signal not less that 100 feet before the intended turn. Simple answer to that. People don't know the traffic laws and LE isn't enforcing it. So they continue to get away with doing it, the way they always have.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Parking lots.

If I ever meet a person who designs parking lots I may choke some sense into them.
    If I ever meet the person who designed the on/off ramps on I35 and the Mopac Express in and around Austin I would do the same. They actually contribute to congestion when there is higher traffic volume.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Actually, TXDOT does agree with me. Try reading the complete statute.

I read it all as well. I didn't see anything that supported your statement in the least.

Texas posts speed limits so you know how fast you should drive under normal conditions. Speed limit signs encourage you to travel at safe speeds to get you to your destination safely in the shortest possible time. Texas speed limits are the law, and they are strictly enforced across the state.

If you have proof otherwise, please post it.

Top Bottom