• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Got 4 boxes of Norma 6.5 CM today. 2 at the Academy in Humble, then I ran up the road and grabbed 2 at the Academy in New Caney. Kinda nice since I didn’t have any 6.5 hunting ammo. I plan on loading some, but it I haven’t found any bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    What was the price on the 6.5 Grendel?

Stopped into the Kirby location on my way to work. They had quite a bit, mostly rifle. I grabbed 2 boxes of 6.5 Creedmoor. If you’re looking for 6.5 Grendel, they must have had close to 50 boxes stacked up!

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    thanks that’s a great price. I’ll check to see if they have any.

I may be “mis-remembering” but I think it was $26.99 a box. It was the Hornady Black. Never shot the Grendel, but in 6.5 Creedmoor it’s pretty accurate stuff.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Took the 6.5 out the other day and shot a couple boxes worth of ammo, so I stopped into the Academy by work to see if they had any to replace what I shot. They didn’t have any 6.5, but they had some Precision Hunter in 30.06, and I love how that shoots in my 6.5, so I grabbed a box. When I checked out and it was $45 a box I nearly had a heart attack. I looked on gunbroker to see what it’s going for on there since it’s so damn high at Academy. I saw one seller asking $100 a box for it! There was one ad for Remington Core Lokt 150 grain 30.06 for $100 a box also. Academy had that in stock a couple weeks ago for $20 a box! I hope no one is so desperate they need to pay those prices.

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Took the 6.5 out the other day and shot a couple boxes worth of ammo, so I stopped into the Academy by work to see if they had any to replace what I shot. They didn’t have any 6.5, but they had some Precision Hunter in 30.06, and I love how that shoots in my 6.5, so I grabbed a box. When I checked out and it was $45 a box I nearly had a heart attack. I looked on gunbroker to see what it’s going for on there since it’s so damn high at Academy. I saw one seller asking $100 a box for it! There was one ad for Remington Core Lokt 150 grain 30.06 for $100 a box also. Academy had that in stock a couple weeks ago for $20 a box! I hope no one is so desperate they need to pay those prices.

hah, yep cruised through online cheaper than dirt, 500 round bricks of 22 lr was priced 100-150, dang if it is really selling for that, I need a lower and be willing to trade.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Stopped by today and they had a much better selection. Remi and Winchester .22 lr 100 ct probably 30 boxes of each. 3 different offerings of .308 maybe 20-25 boxes total, 20 boxes of .40 cal, probably 50 boxes each of 7.62x39 and .223 but they were small boxes like 20 ct or something. maybe 10 boxes each of 270, 30-06 and 7 mag. There were some others too but they weren’t main stream. seems like there were some .224 and a 6? grendel. I didn’t recognize them so dint pay much attention. I did take a pic of the full offerings but the store manager scolded me saying pics not allowed. There was a sign on the front door that I didn’t notice

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    How do they track the 2 box limit? For the first time in a long time my academy has 5.7, got two boxes but was wondering if I can go back in a bit and get another two. Got a new optic coming in for the ps90 and would like to be able to sight it in and have some for for a bit so 4 boxes would be nice

Texaswolf 82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Austin, Texas
    How do they track the 2 box limit? For the first time in a long time my academy has 5.7, got two boxes but was wondering if I can go back in a bit and get another two. Got a new optic coming in for the ps90 and would like to be able to sight it in and have some for a bit so 4 boxes would be nice

I hear you. I scored one box of 5.7 FNSR at academy. I don't think they much care if you come in twice or more a day, prob will not get the same people. If mine gets fully stocked with 5.7 I will go back twice and send a friend or two..

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    I hear you. I scored one box of 5.7 FNSR at academy. I don't think they much care if you come in twice or more a day, prob will not get the same people. If mine gets fully stocked with 5.7 I will go back twice and send a friend or two..
    Wish I would have tried again yesterday. Went back an hour ago and the rest was gone

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    I just bring my wife with me to buy two more boxes.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    @0900 this morning the Academy in Humble had lots of .22 (I think Norma),couple of .22wmr, some .32 auto, 6.5 and shot shells in different gauges.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was in Academy buying urine today. (Don't ask...:)). They had Norma .22 and a bunch of 6.8. This was the one on Kuykendahl in Spring.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom