• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    $35-40 at Cabelas. The Winchesters were usually $35 and the CCI's were $40. They were slightly cheaper at other places, but I like to shop Cabelas for other stuff, and the price difference wasn't that much. Crap shoot as to what they had in stock. Really glad I bought them on occasion so I wouldn't run out. A brick now and then with not a thought that they might not be there one day. The lack of reloading supplies on the market hasn't stopped me from loading.

Last edited:

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Academy on Kirby and 59 in Houston had tons of ammo on shelves. Didn’t look at prices, but they had most rifle and pistol calibers available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    HWY 6 location had 9mm Winchester JHP subsonics so I picked up a box. Looked to have most cartridges except .357 mag. Had lots of .38spec and .44 mag though

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Aguila 22 is the only good priced ammo I have bought but they have Norma 308 for $24 that's not bad at all.

The Norma ammo shoots pretty good in all my rifles. In fact it’s one of only 2 types of factory ammo, I’ve found, that will group better than 2 MOA in my Savage .308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Hell no to some of the prices. I went shotgun big time thanks to my daughter. Although they climbed a little bit but not as bad as the major calibers.
    I sold my Mossy because I just never shot it. Maybe now is a good time for me to buy a launcher and get into trap shooting. You are right, pistol and rifle ammo is through the roof. I swear there is some price fixing going on. No longer is it cheaper to buy a box of 100 vs two boxes of 50.
    price comes out the same. Also, price is identical across multiple manufacturers for the same ammo

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I sold my Mossy because I just never shot it. Maybe now is a good time for me to buy a launcher and get into trap shooting. You are right, pistol and rifle ammo is through the roof. I swear there is some price fixing going on. No longer is it cheaper to buy a box of 100 vs two boxes of 50.
    price comes out the same. Also, price is identical across multiple manufacturers for the same ammo
    Don't feel bad as I got a Beretta 694 Sporter 12 gauge and added a TSK stock to it. All I can say is not cheap. My daughter involvement with 4H and SCTP caused us to spend more time shotgunning.

Top Bottom