• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I had some spare time this morning and decided to go see the neckbearding for myself. Hoji is right. Whole families standing out front at 7:30am. Must have been 50 people there. They don't open until 9. I didn't stick around, but I'd imagine by the time they open there are at least 100 people in line. F all that mess.
    Venture Surplus ad

SGHinds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    Houston
    "If" I stop by and there is ammo to be had I might pick up some. I will not be standing in line. I reload and have a few 1000 primers for my supply. I also cast my own bullets so no need to look for those either.

When the panic slows down and items come back to normal, I'll stock up again and wait for the next round of hoarding.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    SMFH... What to do... what to do???? Do I go to the range tomorrow for practice I really need Orrrr - do I cancel and hang on to the ammunition I have. I've got a fair quantity of PD rounds and I'm not blowing those up just steel case 115 FMJ's.

Ed Zachary!! Quite the quandary! I've acquired more pew pews this year than in any other year...all have been tested for function...but no range time...I have ammo but would rather hold on to it...for the time being...I buy some more here and there when available...I'm really itching for some range time though!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    If the big box stores would start putting the ammo out at random times throughout the day - instead of by 9 am, people would start dropping in again. When you know there are people waiting in line a 6 am and they will have all of the ammo by 9:30 am, why go by at lunch or after work?

With people stopping in at random again, perhaps they will get more impulse sales as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If the big box stores would start putting the ammo out at random times throughout the day - instead of by 9 am, people would start dropping in again. When you know there are people waiting in line a 6 am and they will have all of the ammo by 9:30 am, why go by at lunch or after work?

With people stopping in at random again, perhaps they will get more impulse sales as well.
    I said this all through the last shortage. Makes too much sense for managerial types to pay attention

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    The one day I waited in line at Academy, they only got some odd rifle calibers and some .308. NO primers,. no pistol ammo, no .556 or .223. :banghead:

Feels like :deadhorse:

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Yeah. I don’t understand why they don’t do that.
    Putting all of it out in the morning just helps the damm neckbeards.
    Hold some back and place it out over the day.
    It can’t be that time consuming or difficult.
    Give the non-neckbeards a chance.
    Stopped at Cabela's this morning and I guess they received ammo on Sunday. They did spread it out throughout the day from what I heard. A neighbor has been trying to acquire ammo for he and his SIL at Academy and has got to know the neckbeards. They have a few change of clothes in their car and will change out hat, jacket, whatever and then go back in. There are usually 10-20 of these he says. Only ammo I saw at Cabela's and last time at Academy was 28ga.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Gunbroker.com has over 400 pages of ammo classifieds. The only thing I see with a huge mark up are handgun cartridges, 5.56mm and perhaps a few PRC rifle calibers. There are even a few penny auctions with no reserves and no bids, so the demand isn’t with some calibers. The cheap steel case 7.62x39 is all over gunbroker. That alone makes me want to pick up a beater rifle in that caliber to get through this famine and still stay on the trigger regularly.

9mm and 5.56mm are the 2 most effected calibers it appears. That effects many American shooters for sure.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    I don't want to be accused of planning anything on the internet.....but my neighbor was asking what day the Academy stores in San Antonio restock?.....ya know, for him, not me.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    5D5271EE-4EAD-4D60-B115-65EE7F08D8C7.thumb.jpeg.df067891739287dd28cf3f1b6bab6bfa.jpeg
    832E3BD5-72E7-45B2-92C8-F42F13A4A288.thumb.jpeg.87a1529e072e863adb2dcacd516e44a9.jpeg
    FBECB939-D2DE-4F13-A7CE-943B5D3850A4.jpeg.cd404231b4e246811736964b46015090.jpeg
    FD064A32-50DE-4B37-94B0-934691DD30D8.jpeg.aeddb530553bbdf08d62e02d2a347a3e.jpeg

Not mine, but looking around the usual forums & gun boards I find this!

Have 800,000rds of prvi M855 62gr ammo that hasn’t been spoken for. I have new production 9mm and 556 that is coming in at 3~mil rounds a month so can supply your needs. I have other cals that are incoming, please feel free to ask about those but the main two are 9mm and 556. If you feel my prices are out of line please check gun broker, both rounds are going for .80 to over $1 a round. Still a good bit of money to be made here.

Also have 1.4mil rounds of linked 556 for the right offer.

Currently getting .65 a round for the loose and .85 for the linked. We have been selling it drop shipped by the container load, but seeing as I have some that isn’t spoken for, why not offer it for trade? If cash is your only option feel free to email or message, but cash isn’t what I’m after.

open to transferable, pre may, and post May MG’s. I have signed letters for a wide range of different weapons, and can get others if needed. Also open to parts kits, MG parts, beltfeds and such. Need a semi 50 for a host. Might take a look at other things, just let me know what you are thinking.

thanks for the board space,
    Donald
    sales@ tpimports.com

huntsalot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    dfw
    before the new year i was dropping into academy several days every week on my way home from work. mainly because the phone line wasn’t working or nobody would ever pick it up. maybe once every 2 weeks i would score a couple boxes.

2x i went and got in line at 6am on a weekday at 1 of the larger, newer Academy locations of DFW (garland) which is about 30-mins away and didn’t have any luck with the 500 case of 9mm so i gave that up pretty quick.

called the local Academy on my way home today and got thru to firearms rep. he told me the truck came today and sold out ASAP.

from what i can tell, before Xmas everyone was getting in line early for handgun calibers which was never in stock afternoons. i could still sometimes get rifle rounds after 4:00. i know those days are now over.

you can still get academy ammo, just not from academy and not for academy pricing. :pounce:

Polekitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton County
    Just got back from my local Academy and the delivery schedule has changed and the guy wouldn't be clear when the ammo now arrives. He said reason was to eliminate the long lines from forming and try to slow down the rapid selling out in a matter of minutes. Good luck with that happening. Oh by the way, new guy here. Have to get my fix somewhere since the CHL forum is down. Didn't post there very much at all, but did get a lot of good info from there. Hope to do the same here.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just got back from my local Academy and the delivery schedule has changed and the guy wouldn't be clear when the ammo now arrives. He said reason was to eliminate the long lines from forming and try to slow down the rapid selling out in a matter of minutes. Good luck with that happening. Oh by the way, new guy here. Have to get my fix somewhere since the CHL forum is down. Didn't post there very much at all, but did get a lot of good info from there. Hope to do the same here.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Top Bottom