• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Sad thing is, they're getting it in. Just heavy neckbearding and insane resell market. Have a peek on GunBroker and you'll see just how bad people are panick buying.
    People are buying and keeping. There is WAY more being bought off the shelf than is being resold.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep.

I think credit cards will start making out and wives will start getting angry within a few months and we will slowly start to see a little more selection.

But I don’t think we will be able to walk in and expect to see what we want for a while. Can’t remember how long it took for things to somewhat level out in ‘08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Just got back from my local Academy and the delivery schedule has changed and the guy wouldn't be clear when the ammo now arrives. He said reason was to eliminate the long lines from forming and try to slow down the rapid selling out in a matter of minutes. Good luck with that happening. Oh by the way, new guy here. Have to get my fix somewhere since the CHL forum is down. Didn't post there very much at all, but did get a lot of good info from there. Hope to do the same here.
    How long until the neckbeards start knocking over the trucks before they get to the store?....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Yep.

I think credit cards will start making out and wives will start getting angry within a few months and we will slowly start to see a little more selection.

But I don’t think we will be able to walk in and expect to see what we want for a while. Can’t remember how long it took for things to somewhat level out in ‘08.

It took about 6 months.
    Same after sandy hook.

This is unprecedented. It’s so bad I don’t even want to go to the range.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I spilled a box of primers on the floor of my Man Cave/Reloading room a week or so ago. I'm sure there are many still down there in the dark places. I'm thinking about letting you guys come over and pick them up. Oh, the primers are free but there is a $50 cover charge for each person entering the building. :green: Just kidding, I don't have a Man Cave.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is unprecedented

Figure we might see things normalize faster since people may get tired of it more quickly and decide they’ve boarded enough it’s not worth the extreme effort to get more.

Or it will last longer in direct relation the the increased demand vs previous freak outs.

Either way, I expect higher prices again in the fall if things level out. And the popular powders will probably continue to be hard to find for reloaders long after ammo starts finding its way back to the shelves.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Figure we might see things normalize faster since people may get tired of it more quickly and decide they’ve boarded enough it’s not worth the extreme effort to get more.

Or it will last longer in direct relation the the increased demand vs previous freak outs.

Either way, I expect higher prices again in the fall if things level out. And the popular powders will probably continue to be hard to find for reloaders long after ammo starts finding its way back to the shelves.

I won’t let up. I will buy several thousand of every caliber I use.

I will also get into reloading for all of those calibers. Even if I have to clear out space in my home for all of this stuff.

One thing I am glad I did years ago, caliber consolidation.

I may also buy guns that shoot more then one caliber. Such as the s&w Governor. A s&w model 13,19, or 65 in 357 magnum.

I am not sure, but I think some lever action rifles can shoot both 38 special and 357 magnum. I will look into this.

I won’t keep anything I can’t stock up to feed.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    People are buying and keeping. There is WAY more being bought off the shelf than is being resold.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

It’s not time to sell yet. Wait until Harris starts her shit. You’ll see prices soar and ammo start to being sold. It’s a monopoly like the stock market.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    . I'm thinking about letting you guys come over and pick them up.

MLVf.gif

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Originally a neckbeard referred to an older guy who is so cheap he wouldn’t shave because razors and shaving cream cost too much.
    Almost always an older guy he was distinguished by a nasty looking neck beard the looked like a dead cat wrapped around his neck.
    Typically retirement aged these guys will stake out the local ammo retailers such as Wal-Mart or Academy by getting there hours before they open so they’ll be the first one in line to snatch up any ammo that shows up.
    Folks who have to work do not have time for that so they get screwed.
    Many of these vultures sell the ammo on the secondary market at hugely inflated prices. Thereby driving up prices while at the same time denying actual shooters the chance to obtain ammo.
    They are scum and should be kicked in the nuts at every opportunity.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    They’re organized too.
    Here locally there is a team of them. They split up and hit the different places with small groups of two/three/four of them
    If they hit pay dirt with that stores ammo day delivery they instant comm to the others stationed at other stores. Who then descend onto the store with the ammo. Thereby wiping out that days allotment.
    I’ve had words with a couple of them. Bastards all of’em. And yes most of them actually are neckbearded.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just got back from my local Academy and the delivery schedule has changed and the guy wouldn't be clear when the ammo now arrives. He said reason was to eliminate the long lines from forming and try to slow down the rapid selling out in a matter of minutes. Good luck with that happening. Oh by the way, new guy here. Have to get my fix somewhere since the CHL forum is down. Didn't post there very much at all, but did get a lot of good info from there. Hope to do the same here.
    Welcome.

And good. Hopefully they put it on the shelves at random times during the day.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I'm'a fearing the next step Academy takes is restricting sales to a single box. According to my daughter been that way in the Atlanta area for who knows how long. If they would get in 800rd spam can's or 500rd cases that might not be too bad but 50 round boxes, while I suppose is better than nothing, would surely suck!

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I'm'a fearing the next step Academy takes is restricting sales to a single box. According to my daughter been that way in the Atlanta area for who knows how long. If they would get in 800rd spam can's or 500rd cases that might not be too bad but 50 round boxes, while I suppose is better than nothing, would surely suck!

I am already buying ammo 1 box at a time in multiple places.

It fucking sucks.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    It's a combination of hoarding and the virus. Since the virus has restricted some manufacturing even the mining of raw materials ammo has been in short supply. Many more people buying guns need ammo. It's a shame I don't want to burn up ammo at the range. I've since bought a pellet gun to shoot something.

Top Bottom