Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Agree somewhat.
    The thing is it is the same twenty guys in line at the Academy every ammo shipment day.
    I figure they must know an insider at Academy who feeds them intel about which stores are getting what.

That person would need to be pretty high up the chain to know what’s coming I think.

When I went to stand in the ammo line the employees didn’t know what they were getting until they started unloading the truck. Even then what was on the packing slip for the truck wasn’t guaranteed to be accurate. They came out at 730 and gave us a rundown that included primers but said no .223. When we got in there was some .223 but no primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    at my local academy last week they had 4 boxes of 410 shells on the ammo shelf. period. 2 boxes of hornady 30 cal RN 150 gr bullets. bought the 2 boxes of RN as i load 30-30. went back a coupla days later. had one box of 270 bullets. as i was leaving the "greeter" said, nicely, didn't have what you were looking for? told her nope, no ammo. she said well i guess you don't shoot 22. i did a double take and she started laughing and pointed to the CS desk against the wall. they had maybe 25 bxs of 22 HP, limit of 3. so i bought 3. she said next time just ask me i know all about whats what in the ammo dept. hmmm. wonder if shes married? ok, happily married.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Originally a neckbeard referred to an older guy who is so cheap he wouldn’t shave because razors and shaving cream cost too much.
    Almost always an older guy he was distinguished by a nasty looking neck beard the looked like a dead cat wrapped around his neck.
    Typically retirement aged these guys will stake out the local ammo retailers such as Wal-Mart or Academy by getting there hours before they open so they’ll be the first one in line to snatch up any ammo that shows up.
    Folks who have to work do not have time for that so they get screwed.
    Many of these vultures sell the ammo on the secondary market at hugely inflated prices. Thereby driving up prices while at the same time denying actual shooters the chance to obtain ammo.
    They are scum and should be kicked in the nuts at every opportunity.
    Also....good to know where they live....for reasons....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    No "neckbeards" at my local Academy, just folks finishing their shift or retired peeps. Usually getting there around 7, the manager has a board outside and it details what they've got in stock. Many times it's just shotgun or big rifle ammo, so everyone kind of scatters after that. It's not uncommon to have a whole week with no .223/9mm in stock. I haven't gotten any ammo lately, but then again, I don't go there daily. I am sitting on enough ammo to last me 5-6 years. All I need is primers/powder, because you can not have enough of that. Last time they had 5k srp, and I only got 2k. Figured I might let someone else have the rest.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    About 15 minutes ago a neighbor texted that the Academy in Tomball had lots of 9mm. Oddly, he posted it on Nextdoor.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When I saw these post I hit the road. Academy #1 2-50 round CCi Blazer 9mm and 1 - 100 round CCi .22lr(could'a scored 3 boxes of 9mm but the brown box Remington's were 19 bucks a box. Academy #2 3-50 round 9mm CCi Blazers. Academy #3 3-50 round CCi 9mm Blazers. Field n' Stream - 0. Cabela's - 0.

So net was 400 rounds 9mm and 100 rounds .22 LR. The problem with the CCi .22 LR pre-tax .0999 cpr. Last time I got some it was .05cpr. the pre-tax 9mm went in the bag @ 30cpr(14.99)

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    98F4183F-9F93-4B39-A405-F2C14ACEEFB9.jpeg

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I hear ya Doug, the cci 22 is almost not worth it. $5/50 here in n Austin when they do have it. Sadly even at $20/box for the brown box 9mm it's a better deal than anything else out there.
    They had some cheaper CCi's but they were uncoated bullets and I believe my SR22 ain't fond of uncoated bullets.

Top Bottom