• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just for giggles I stopped by the Academy here about an hour ago.
    I couldn't believe it but the was a fair amount of ammo including 9mm still there.
    They cut the limit to two boxes. I went ahead and grabbed two boxes of the 9mm. $17.99 Remington.
    They also had .223/5.56, 7.62x39, and .308 FMJ stuff.
    No hunting soft point types.
    I guess the neckbeards screwed it up enough they've cut the box limit.
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2015
    Katy, TX
    Just for giggles I stopped by the Academy here about an hour ago.
    I couldn't believe it but the was a fair amount of ammo including 9mm still there.
    They cut the limit to two boxes. I went ahead and grabbed two boxes of the 9mm. $17.99 Remington.
    They also had .223/5.56, 7.62x39, and .308 FMJ stuff.
    No hunting soft point types.
    I guess the neckbeards screwed it up enough they've cut the box limit.

About time. If they’d just put it out at random times throughout the day I feel like the entire morning hordes could have been avoided? It’s a nice feeling to see ammo in the store again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    College Station had some 28 ga. Had to go get riding clothes as I forgot to pack them. I asked the cashier if the “Rascal Squadron” was still wiping them out on delivery days. She just chuckled, which is all the answer I needed.;)

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I was at the Academy in Abilene yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. They had 7.62x51mm FMJ ($22 a box of 20) x 30 boxes and 5.56x45mm ($13 a box of 20) x 30+ boxes. They even had some 12 gauge turkey rounds and 28 ga.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well there's plenty there... at damn near what the neckbeards were charging. In a week the Winchester M80 7.62x51 went up $4/box. The house monarch brass is now 11.99/20 so over 65 CPR. The monarch steel is now 54.99/100 which after tax is more than I'm asking for mine. The winchester m855 is also over 65 CPR after tax.

There's also been some Remington 9mm hitting the shelves and at 17.99/box its just a few cents under $20/50 and limited to 2 boxes now. Which in one way is good but overall terrible since the bar is set even higher. It will at least keep them from selling out to a few at a cost to all.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I went by that other sport store and their limit is 5 boxes (8 if you use their credit card). Comparable prices but the shelves at our west side Academy are waaay less empty.

BABBALOU1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Lewisville
    I checked my local Academy online today & was shocked to see available 9mm ammo. In the afternoon. 4 different kinds. Maybe it was available because it used to cost $9-13 a box instead of $50 today. Other brands are still under $20 but sold out, no surprise. I'll swing by next week if I'm up early.

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    The shelves are all full because all the rebranded ppu is marked at 65 CPR after tax. Couple that with the local 2 box limit and it's not worth the time.
    They had the bigger boxes, 200 rds Winchester as well. Tons of .308, 12 ga and others. For some folks it might be worth their time, especially if they have 0 ammo in their range bags.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I went by that other sport store and their limit is 5 boxes (8 if you use their credit card). Comparable prices but the shelves at our west side Academy are waaay less empty.
    Imagine that a five box limit and the so called neckbeards have not yet screwed it up. Funny how according to some, not saying you, they screwed it up at Academy when Academy had a three box limit but not where there is a 5 or even 8 box limit.:rolleyes:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Imagine that a five box limit and the so called neckbeards have not yet screwed it up. Funny how according to some, not saying you, they screwed it up at Academy when Academy had a three box limit but not where there is a 5 or even 8 box limit.:rolleyes:
    I have heard it said that neckies have a problem with reading comprehension.

Top Bottom