• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This gave me a good chuckle. Apparently the hordes have demanded a place to shit and piss while waiting in line. If you can't hold your waste then go home. SMDH. What is next? Taco trucks?
    20210301_075843.jpg
    Guns International

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    That’s ridiculous! If they are going to cater to the borders why have a limit. I didn’t see that kind of behavior when I was in line to cast my vote in November. :facepalm:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    That’s ridiculous! If they are going to cater to the borders why have a limit. I didn’t see that kind of behavior when I was in line to cast my vote in November. :facepalm:

Lol. The port-A-John’s may be left over from Snovid-21. Lots o stores in my area ordered them so folks who couldn’t flush due to no water had a place to go, including their employees.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Was just over at the local Academy.
    They had a crapton of 5.56.
    A little x39 and some .308. All fmj stuff.
    No handgun ammo or .22lr.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Academy in East Pearland (Pearland Pkwy) had:24 boxes of Hornady 7MM-08-139gr, 30+boxes of Winchester7.62x51MM 149gr M80, 30+boxes of Winchester 5.56MM 62gr. M855, ~12 boxes of Hornady .17HMR, and lot of shotgun shells. #7,#8, & #9 shot. was there at 4:30pm today. 2 box limit, as well.

llbts1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Aledo, Texas
    I think you guys are just trying to sucker me in to going to Academy. :clown: Last time I was there, nothing. I read these posts and I'm tempted to give it a try.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I used to to go to academy every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday at 9 am. Had really good luck. That was when I worked the night shift. I don’t know if every store is on that schedule but never hurts to go once a week at open. Weekends are a toss up and I generally avoid it. However, I’ve seen more ammo on the shelves later in the day when I’ve gone for other reasons so that’s a good sign. This craziness will pass. On the bright side, it’s tax season and you’ll see a lot of deals when folks need money. I suppose that’s a good and bad thing...

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Could not believe that Academy still had Winchester 5.56X45 mm, 200 rd. boxes, left on the shelves by the time they let me into the ammo area. I got into the ammo cage around 0925 There had to be a good 20 folks on line ahead of me and who knows how many more had already been there because I got there about 5 0r 10 minutes after the store had opened.

It amazed me how slow the line moved at one point: you get let into the ammo area, which they have blocked off, by a store clerk. You get in there and, today, they had maybe 5 or 6 different types of ammo. They usually have a list to pass around while waiting on the line of what they got in on any given day.So, customers can see what they have or at least had when they stocked the shelves that morning before they get into the ammo area. Yet, it took a one or two guys a good 5 minutes each to get done making their selections of their two box limit. I just do not get it. Is it that difficult for some folks to decide what they want?

It's easy for me, if they have 5.56 in the 100, 200, 500 round boxes - they are for me. Now, should heaven smile on me and they have 1K rd. cases, I'd grab them in a heartbeat. Then, more or less in order of preference in large boxes, it's: 380, 38 Special (and I should note large boxes of 200 rds or more of 380 & 38 SPL would likely get preference over 5.56x45 mm after today), 45 ACP,, 32 AUTO, 9mm, 7.62X39 mm, 308, 22 WMR, 12 gauge slugs, 12 gauge buckshot, 410 bore shells.. If they have none of them in large boxes, I'll grab pistol ammo in 50 rd.boxes before I take something like 5.56/.223 in 20 rd boxes. It usually takes me around 30 seconds to a minute (at most) to walk in, grab what I want, say good morning to the cute blonde who works there, say hi to the manager, and head back out to the cash register. Do not see any reason to hesitate or be indecisive. I know what I prefer and if they have it I grab it. If they have none of that, I may grab something else, or just leave empty handed.

Moving along, I may cross off 9mm from my want to buy list; just received another 1K rds. of Sellier & Bellot 124 gr. FMJ today. I have a good enough supply of 9mm, in both FMJ & JHP, to last me through all the battles of Armageddon, that is if the demoncrats do not get me first. Right now, besides being well stocked on 9mm, I am pretty well stocked on 22 LR, 22 WMR, 5.56x45 mm, 308 and 7.62x51 mm, 7.62x39 mm, 7.62X54R, and fairly well on 12 gauge slugs; although, I could use some more of them and more 00 buckshot. Also have a decent supply of various small game/bird shot sizes in 12 gauge. I'd like to see some other stuff come avaiable like 410 bore shells, 16 gauge (not sure Academy sells 16 gauge though), 45 ACP (have not seen any in a long time), 44 REM MAG, 380, 38 Special, 8 mm Mauser, and 35 REM. Keeping my fingers crossed I find it at Academy because prices at other dealers are pretty much prohibitive (like what I paid for the 9mm S&B ammo I just received). I see no reasons not to buy just because prices went sky high, my gamble is that the leftists will try to ban certain ammo and guns and I want to make sure I have plenty of it. If I am wrong, then I overpaid for what I bought but if I am right, the price will only get even higher if you can find it on the black market.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It is more about replacing what is shot rather than stocking up. I put 10-20K down range per year( less last year due to insane work schedule) I can go a few years without buying any, but I like grabbing deals on replacement when I can.

this

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    It is more about replacing what is shot rather than stocking up. I put 10-20K down range per year( less last year due to insane work schedule) I can go a few years without buying any, but I like grabbing deals on replacement when I can.
    I agree with Hoji, I used to go the range a lot and I can honestly say I’ll run through a few thousand rounds a year. It’s nice to replenish and I have to ease up on the range trips now.

Top Bottom