• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    An hour ago, I was at Academy off I45 South & Edgebrook, They had Winchester 9MM(115gr. & 124gr.), ~5 boxes of 300 Black out, Winchester 270 (130 gr.) 308, 223, and 22 WMR. At the time there about 8-10 boxes of each, except the 300 BO.

...forgot, did see about 5 boxes of 6.5 CM.

Last edited:

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Just for comparison, I checked my inventory in storage. I have a can of Federal 5.56 fmj 55 grain ball, 420 rounds, that I paid $164 for just a few months after the second worst disaster in U.S. history, the re-election of barky hussein. The same thing on ammoseek is $449.99. I'm glad I bought a bunch of it back then.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Another Academy score!
    0ad3a41e7435580d221512c2b2721a01.jpg

But I had to spend $86.58 for 2 boxes at 2 different Academy’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Just for comparison, I checked my inventory in storage. I have a can of Federal 5.56 fmj 55 grain ball, 420 rounds, that I paid $164 for just a few months after the second worst disaster in U.S. history, the re-election of barky hussein. The same thing on ammoseek is $449.99. I'm glad I bought a bunch of it back then.

It's true that ammoseek and online retailers are getting top dollar but they're aren't people lining up to pay those prices yet...however word from one academy employee who was thumbing through the order list...over 26k of inventory coming. Also per Winchester, prices about to increase 12-15%. So go get it while it's there gents, next week it will be knocking on the door of 80cpr.

I snapped up 2 boxes of green tip at over 65 CPR but it's not going to get better any time soon. Considering that I dumped a bunch at that price it is coming full circle on me. I also unloaded a few hundred rounds to a picky buyer at $1/Rd. Not the winchester but still m855. So although it puts a lil sting in the pocket book, I'm not upside down on anything.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    As long as we continue to buy at high prices the prices will only go up.
    I'm a long time fan of the sport however i will not pay 35-40 dollars for a box of 9, only people who should are the ones who simply need a box for home protection.

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    I'm a long time fan of the sport however i will not pay 35-40 dollars for a box of 9, only people who should are the ones who simply need a box for home protection.
    Agree 100%. If folks are out of ammo and hurtin' they weren't payin' attention last year.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston

I agree. I hadn’t bought one single round of ammo for over a year. But, I saw some 6.5 creedmoor ammo in stock a month ago, so I bought a rifle I had been looking at for a while, thinking that ammo was starting to come back around . Didn’t realize the only ammo I was gonna be able to find was the premium stuff! I need a few rounds to sight it in, and hold me over until I can get some dies and bullets, so I paid what they were asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2021
    Huffman Texas
    So for a few weeks in a row I was popping in to one of the 3 academy's on my typical work commute. 1 had powder a month ago, another had monarch brass 45 and 9 ammo. I even found a few bricks of 22 ammo here and there. However, making a call to the gun bar this morning just to see if a truck came in...

Kid says " we did get ammo today, there were about 100 people in line and it was all sold within 15 minutes of opening. "

Dang, I knew things were rough out there but that's next level bad. Hope y'all are stocked up!
    My local Academy usually gets ammo twice a week and on those days people will start lining up an hour before the store opens.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    My ammo supply is in storage for now.. range trips are few and far between.. I miss shooting my favorite arms.. Have to be patient and disciplined for the time being... WAITING..

G23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2019
    Houston, Texas
    the local resellers are posting on every board in Houston. the numbers they are asking are high, but in line with all the online retailers, It's hard to see the numbers getting to where they were any time soon.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Went by Academy at 10:00AM. Had most everything except .38spl/.357. Just have tobe wiling to pay their prices.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom