• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Huntsville
    Y’all have lines? I guess that’s an upside of a smaller town with about half the population being stupid anti gun college students, is that I can go any day into academy for ammo

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    No lines. I was the only guy in the ammo section this morning.

Had 5.7 ammo at the Plano 75 location. No 38/357/44mag.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Because folks either don’t have time for their arduous gun buy process, or they can’t afford the high priced ammo.

On a serious note, it’s probably because the gun buy panic is over, and those who wanted a gun already have one now along with their ammo. Everyone else is just buying what ammo they absolutely need and waiting on prices to go down to a more reasonable price. I see the same thing at the Houston stores.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    The Academy on 59 and Kirby (Houston) had so much ammo last week, that not only were all the shelf’s full, but 5 or 6 end caps had bulk 5.56 and 9mm, and there was a cart they use for stocking shelf’s FULL of overflow ammo as well as primers. And that store never really stocked reloading stuff in the past, so I stopped checking there. I went last week to get some socks, and ran by there new gun counter. Was shocked to see all the ammo and primers. There is a 4 pack limit on ammo and primers, but I went back every day on my way to work and ended up with 2K Federal Gold Medal match large rifle primers. I stopped going after that, but they still had several bricks of pistol and rifle primers left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    Because folks either don’t have time for their arduous gun buy process, or they can’t afford the high priced ammo.

On a serious note, it’s probably because the gun buy panic is over, and those who wanted a gun already have one now along with their ammo. Everyone else is just buying what ammo they absolutely need and waiting on prices to go down to a more reasonable price. I see the same thing at the Houston stores.
    Gun sales still about same as last year

Between 2.5 to 3.0 million guns sold per month every month in 2022 thru June

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

On a serious note, it’s probably because the gun buy panic is over, and those who wanted a gun already have one now along with their ammo.

I think you are dead on about the panic being over. Every Academy I go to has full display cases. Lots of pistols on the shelf.

Must be something different at every Academy. They never run a check on me due to the LTC. It doesn’t take any longer there than other places.

I always feel like they made it happen in a timely manner.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My gun purchasing experience at Academy is mixed. The local store is abysmal. Slower than Methuselah. They’re retarded in that store.
    This is my typical experience with Academy.
    On the other hand I once purchased a handgun from a store in San Antonio and the guy running the counter that day was very quick and efficient. He knew what he was doing and had me out the door in about twenty minutes.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Customer service can suck or be good. Depends on the employee, I've encountered good and bad at Academy. But the same every business, find a good customer service person and let them know.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    144594A5-C61B-4AB1-97AB-710F3FDCDC81.jpeg

Saw this today.

Top Bottom