• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Got my paper ad for Academy's Black Friday sale in today's mail and I was more than a bit surprised to find no firearms in the 32 page flyer. I went online and say a sparse one page section of long guns listed on a 28 page Black Friday ad and that was it.

Is this a sign of the times?
    Capitol Armory ad

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    The Academy in Sherman looks more like a "going out of the gun and ammo business" section. Hardly any ammo and the glass cases only have a few firearms in them. Either they're having trouble getting inventory or they're getting out of the gun business?

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Why do farts smell worse in the shower?
    1606255893769.png

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Have you been in an academy or any other gun store of late. If they had it they would advertise it, even at 200% increase knowing they would sell it.

Yes, this is a sign of the times. People gobbled up all things firearms when the DNC sponsored burn, loot and murder troops were dispatched. Couple that with factory shut down and we’re going to be screwed for a LOOOOOONG time. Longer when sleepy Joe/Cumhora start with their agenda.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Got my paper ad for Academy's Black Friday sale in today's mail and I was more than a bit surprised to find no firearms in the 32 page flyer. I went online and say a sparse one page section of long guns listed on a 28 page Black Friday ad and that was it.

Is this a sign of the times?
    Well....yea....

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Probably a good thing in my situation. I spent a lot of money on guns & ammo from November 2016 till March 2020. It's probably time I finally get around to shooting them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Someone mentioned the other day that their local Academy is restricting ammo - all rifle and pistol- purchases to three boxes per customer. Today, they have the same limits at the Academy in Abilene.

But they did have Monarch steel-cased M43 (7.62x39mm) 100 round boxes. And still, some customers were complaining about the limits.

Top Bottom