Academy can go AUTOFORNICATE!

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
TGT Supporter
Oct 17, 2012
Temple TX
I have changed many, many slide locks on Bersa Thunder 380's for that reason alone. Other guns are not as susceptible depending on the steel used for the slide lock...

You will see instructors teaching both ways.....

Nailed it. Buy a quality gun with good metallurgy and its not a problem. Buy a Brazilian gun or a high point made out of pot metal, sure you may have issue.

llbts1

May 19, 2018
Aledo, Texas
Yes, a pet peeve......thing...

A lot of folks could care less either way. Of course guns violently slam back and forth upon firing but when the slide goes into battery, there is brass cartridge that keeps steel from slamming on steel.......if you want to do it your guns, go ahead, I won't say a word......but please don't do it to mine........

To me it's like spinning a revolver cylinder and flicking it shut like in the movies......very bad for the revolver.....

In a gun store it is bad etiquette (in my shop) to slam a slide using the slide lock.......yes a lot of folks use it as a slide release....but on some guns the slide lock quickly wears out and the slide lock no longer holds the slide open securely or sometimes at all.... I have changed many, many slide locks on Bersa Thunder 380's for that reason alone. Other guns are not as susceptible depending on the steel used for the slide lock...

You will see instructors teaching both ways.....

Thank you sir. I also learned something new. I appreciate it.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads