Academy can go AUTOFORNICATE!

TTM07

Sep 25, 2019
San Antonio
What a bunch of of old bitchy assholes. Most already said what I feel. It's a retail store that sells guns, not a gun store. Unlike buying a car, you're spending under a grand. Comparing the two buying experience and expecting the same level of salesmanship is naive. Honestly in today's world of reviews and YouTube videos, if you haven't researched a product to find out if it's any good, trigger pull weight etc, that's on you. Academy should be treated like gunbroker. I go in knowing what I want and fully educated. If you want the full buying experience, pay more at an lgs so he can hold your little hand and walk you through your purchase. Grow up and realize who you were dealing with and where you were at.

I also think a mirror would go a long way here.
nailed it. You have to look at the big picture. Some kid making $8 bucks and hour doesn't represent the company no matter what you might think. He doesn't care that you didn't buy there. He'll quit in another month anyway.

I go out of my way to buy gun stuff at Academy because I realize how fortunate we are to have them. In many places the only option is a not-so-friendly local gun store selling ammo at 3x the price of Academy. Don't count on online either as that can disappear in a heartbeat.

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
Lastly, it's funny that the same whining from a millennial would make them the target of ridicule on here; but it's OK for old guys to bitch like one...
:laughing: yep... Millennials and boomers have the exact same entitlement and elitist attitudes, and they'll both cry over that statement.

I haven't bought anything from Academy other than clothes from the clearance rack in several years. I don't expect good customer service from them since they are a cheap ass store, but they also aren't cheap enough to really justify shopping there. My favorite LGS closed a few years ago, so I haven't even bought a gun in person since then.

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
What a bunch of of old bitchy assholes. Most already said what I feel. It's a retail store that sells guns, not a gun store. Unlike buying a car, you're spending under a grand. Comparing the two buying experience and expecting the same level of salesmanship is naive. Honestly in today's world of reviews and YouTube videos, if you haven't researched a product to find out if it's any good, trigger pull weight etc, that's on you. Academy should be treated like gunbroker. I go in knowing what I want and fully educated. If you want the full buying experience, pay more at an lgs so he can hold your little hand and walk you through your purchase. Grow up and realize who you were dealing with and where you were at.

I also think a mirror would go a long way here.
So a clerk should not show common courtesy?

Things were different in my day.

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
What a dumpster fire.

"Karen needs a manager. STAT!"

I ain't gonna coddle some counter clerk, but damn.
I ain't gonna nuke the $8 an hour guy either.
At least he's got a job and ain't drawing the overblown unemployment benefits.

Damnation. WTF is happening in Texas?
And when did displaying politeness and common courtesy get thrown out the window?

Minimum wage clerks got fired for not being polite at one time.

What the heck is happening in Texas? We just keep lowering our standards.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
Oct 17, 2012
Temple TX
So a clerk should not show common courtesy?

Things were different in my day.
He should. My personal suspicion based on similar interactions in retail is cc probably asked to remove the locks, (no attitude) Clerk replies he can't ( no attitude). CC is acostoted and takes issues with not getting his way, proceeds to get angry, and perceives anyone not agreeing with him is a rude asshole. Clerk , who probably doesn't care, gets defensive and things escalate. Again, a mirror would go a long way in seeing thr problem.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Again, one should always ask to see a supervisor if a clerk is inappropriate, rude,etc. Customer shouldn't be rude, loud, etc., just calmly ask for a supervisor/manager.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics