• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well you can "seriously doubt" anything you want. But that don't make you right and it really would not matter what I said, you would think it was incorrect.

If they are buying ammo at Academy and selling it at 300% markup don't you think that would keep food on the table and a roof over their head maybe ?

I simply stated an opinion. I stand by what I posted. Feel free to prove my assertion wrong, and I'll adjust my opinion accordingly.

Scalping ammo for resale seems just a bit risky when applying using unemployment benefits to purchase it.
    Capitol Armory ad

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I simply stated an opinion. I stand by what I posted. Feel free to prove my assertion wrong, and I'll adjust my opinion accordingly.

Scalping ammo for resale seems just a bit risky when applying using unemployment benefits to purchase it.
    I really don't care what you do with your opinion.

Risky ? What is risky about it ?

If you can prove that it is risky, I'll adjust my opinion accordingly.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Just tell me what you think is risky about it.

And, I'm always happy.

gambler,

At the last TWO gunshows that I attended I saw exactly NOBODY buying ammo of any sort from the SCALPERS.

I predict that after DJT wins re-election that the SCALPERS are going to be STUCK WITH a LOT of OVERPRICED ammo that they'll have to try to eat.
    (AMMO is hard to chew up & swallow.)

NOTE: The ONLY ammo that I've bought recently was 50 rounds of #4 BUCKSHOT that I found "CHEAP" on a "gunshow back table" about 1500 on Sunday afternoon.
    (I paid about 75 cents a box less than WalMart had sold the last that I had bought, before then in 2018. - Fyi, I do NOT load shotgun shells.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    gambler,

At the last TWO gunshows that I attended I saw exactly NOBODY buying ammo of any sort from the SCALPERS.

I predict that after DJT wins re-election that the SCALPERS are going to be STUCK WITH a LOT of OVERPRICED ammo that they'll have to try to eat.
    (AMMO is hard to chew up & swallow.)

yours, satx
    That's very interesting. I have not been to one but I have told you what little I know. Seems like I have read other comments by people that they see lots of high priced ammo being bought. I mean you can look on-line and see pricing that is ridiculous too and I assume that some people are paying those prices.

I'm not sure no matter who wins if ammo availability will significantly increase but I'm hoping for a DJT win and lower ammo prices !

I've kind of been wondering how many nice new and probably never fired guns will be on the market too. I think a lot of people bought guns "just in case" and will never shoot them or will shoot them very little. Maybe they will be selling after this craziness is over.

Thanks for the update on your gun show experience.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Most people of limited amounts of income usually don't invest into something hoping they can resell it at a profit. That's risky, and stupid. What happens if they can't resell it and are stuck with it?
    Oh financially risky huh ?

You mean maybe like drugs ? That almost never happens either.

I think that's pretty much not a risk these days with how little ammo you can buy. Should be easy to resell almost anything at the prices you pay for it at Academy.

I'm rating the risk pretty low.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Most people of limited amounts of income usually don't invest into something hoping they can resell it at a profit. That's risky, and stupid. What happens if they can't resell it and are stuck with it?

Axxe55,

Likely the same thing will happen this time when the POTUS is REELECTED in less than 3 weeks. - The SCALPERS will "lose their shirts".
    After the end of the OBAMA AMMO SHORTAGE, a LOT of the SCALPERS went flat broke.
    (Serves them right, IMO. =IMO, SCALPERS are NO different that those people who bet all their money on the ponies, trying to GET RICH QUICK & lose it all.)

yours, satx

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Not going to waste my time explaining, so don't waste your popcorn.

Having a discussion with some people is an exercise in futility.
    So why don't you quit responding to posts where you don't want to have a discussion ? It's really that simple you know.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well someone on here accused Academy of marking up 9mm 300%. Total BS !

I talked to one of the guys in there this morning and he says there is a group of people that are there every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to buy at Academy prices who then take it somewhere and resell it at probably 300% markup. But they limit you to 3 boxes of any one caliber and all their 9mm is in 50 round boxes. I'm sure not interested in standing in line for an hour, 3 days a week to scam a few people out of a little bit of money reselling them ammunition. I guess these people are drawing unemployment so they have nothing better to do.
    Nevermind. Was wrong on the 300% individual.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So why don't you quit responding to posts where you don't want to have a discussion ? It's really that simple you know.

I have on many occasions and several threads tried to have a discussion with you. Many times when I have asked you direct and simple questions, you either deflect, or blatantly refuse to answer any questions. Too many times, you also like to assert your opinions as being facts, and more than a few people have pointed out how wrong you are.

Trying to have a meaningful discussion with you is just an exercise in futility. I don't seem to have the same problem with other members here on the forum. Even those members that I disagree with on various subjects.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

Likely the same thing will happen this time when the POTUS is REELECTED in less than 3 weeks. - The SCALPERS will "lose their shirts".
    After the end of the OBAMA AMMO SHORTAGE, a LOT of the SCALPERS went flat broke.
    (Serves them right, IMO. =IMO, SCALPERS are NO different that those people who bet all their money on the ponies, trying to GET RICH QUICK & lose it all.)

yours, satx

Exactly. When you're down to your last bit of money, do you stock up on food to eat, or gamble it away on lottery tickets, hoping that you hit the jackpot? I guess some people like to gamble on a longshot.

Last edited:

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Curious what the price for said 9mm was? I grabbed a couple of boxes for a neighbor who had just bought a pistol and has no ammo. It was $13.99 a box.

Top Bottom